Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone used Youshop recently?

Anyone used Youshop recently?

I'm wanting to buy a scope and rings from the US and am wondering if anyone has sent any through Youshop lately?
    I have had stuff sent in the past but keen to know if they still send stuff or have changed their minds.

Cheers

They won't send optics at all anymore. And they are VERY picky on what they actually will send. I had real trouble getting them to ship me a brass catcher.

Now I email NZPost with a link to what I want to purchase and when the OK comes through only then do I buy and use YouShop.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Same as Cambo:- NZpost have on several occasions OKed purchases that don't fit YouShop rules
    Hunting is relaxing just like Yoga except I get to kill something.
    If it Flies it dies and if it hops it drops.

I've used them heaps. Yet to have something be held back, but I'm pretty cautious what I buy.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

BuyUSA is better about optics and little gun parts (Youshop have refused a few things that I've sent on to BuyUSA), but prefer to use YouShop when I can. Email asking before hand always handy.

I emailed yesterday after Cambos response.

They said this response:
    Thank you for your email.

No sorry anything to do with Firearms/rifle scope and rifle accessories are considered prohibited and cannot be sent.

Because of circumstances outside our control, the processing and shipment from our YouShop USA warehouse of all types of firearms parts and accessories, air guns, air rifles, BB guns and their accessories has been suspended until further notice.

Thanks for contacting New Zealand Post.

Kind regards

I had rings and stuff sent in the past but was ages ago. They don't really mention scopes and accessories in the restricted list, but it appears they wont send it anymore.
    May have to check out buyUSA.

Ah crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If say someone had brought something and it's in transit to you shop and that part might be a gas block then it's most likely not getting far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn thanks to OP for the thread was just about to get rings through them. That's a bit ridiculous if you ask me, not even rings? You think they would let it slide if you just did rings by stand alone? I mean these guys might not even know what it's for. I have a feeling when you ask they are more likely to decline. Are the rates comparable on buyusa?

Looked at buyusa a while back after YouShop played their dangerous goods card on me on a part for a reloading die FFS. buyusa looks every bit as bad/restrictive as YouShop. Their only positive, if you can call it such, is they clearly list what they won't handle.
    On a side note I see Sinclair now will not ship rings/bases even the innocent ones that have no tactical appearance. How long have they been restricting these items? Mind you their prices have never been great.

Tried and failed to get some brass send through them.
    Changed the rules while I asked for clarification.
    Ended up getting it sent to a friend then onto me.

Re Sinclair: they should drop the word "international" from their banner for that!
    Same with brownells.

I am interested in this thread but checking "BuyUsa" i found this "disclaimer"…

Name:  BUY USA DISCLAIMER.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  255.8 KB

So will them ship accept parts such as rings, dies, bras, etc?

Thank you in advance.

Mac

Brownells will still ship internationally just you have to pay the State Dept flat fee of $250USD, or be under $100US. I am just trying to do that for a special order CMMG 22LR block so we'll see how it goes. I also just got a NZcustoms number for over $1000NZ then the $250 fee gets dissipated across $1000US its not so bad.

I asked Opticsplanet about one and they also declined BTW, I think its simply got too hard for them to bother with.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Quote Originally Posted by PERRISCICABA View Post
    I am interested in this thread but checking "BuyUsa" i found this "disclaimer"…

Attachment 36972

So will them ship accept parts such as rings, dies, bras, etc?

Thank you in advance.

Mac
    Surely you would buy bras locally where you can get a personal fitting. Seriously though you can take the risk but..... I recently did with YouShop and brought in a mixed parcel of goodies thru them. All innocent stuff except the Lyman M die and a small section of picatinny rail (which to me is still innocent but then I had already been knocked back on a die part). Came thru no probs but I probably will not do it again and tempt what is probably the innevitable. All my recent parcels via them have been opened and inspected, early days that didn't seem to be the case. Have heard of guys trying their luck and YouShop knocking back. The guys have ended up telling YouShop to dump the package as they were lower value items and the cost/hassle of sending them back to the seller just wasn't worth it.
    Last edited by zimmer; 28-05-2015 at 02:11 PM.
    PERRISCICABA likes this.