Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mikee

Thread: AR trigger up grades?

AR trigger up grades?

Want to upgrade the trigger on my AR, would like some input pros and cons between Timney, CMC, JP enterprises or what ever else is available here in NZ.
    Heaps of reviews overseas and alot of different options, but want to here from shooters here in NZ and their spin on it.

Me too, Frankly I don't know why they bother with putting the shit ones in, charge me more and put a decent trigger in or else leave it out and credit the difference.
    Machete don't text!
    (.)(.) = :-)))

Mine has a JP it's around 3 lbs? But lo travel and not soggy Kinda go or no go I've only 3 to compare with and mines the best of the lot so far There may be better total modular that just drop in tho I have three rifles with paid for trigger jobs so familiar with gd and bad and this is good
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar

AR trigger up grades?

Timneys are good. $350 ish

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Mine has a JP it's around 3 lbs? But lo travel and not soggy Kinda go or no go I've only 3 to compare with and mines the best of the lot so far There may be better total modular that just drop in tho I have three rifles with paid for trigger jobs so familiar with gd and bad and this is good
    yea JP are bout half the price of a timney or a CMC drop in unit, fitted a timney to my weatherby very happy with that. Have polished the sears on my AR to relive the grittyness can live with it for now. Will be useing the AR for hunting and the odd range shoot at my NZDA branch, so in two minds to go for a 3lb or 4lb?

Single stage triggers like the JP are great for 3 gun (quick) and are light enough to aid in accuracy a lot. That what I use. Lately however I've been leaning towards the 2 stage Geissele trigger. A friend as one and it's sweet!

Have 4 Jps, not to difficult to install either, providing you read the the instructions
    Nzgunner likes this.

Timney is okay, a little soft, would like to try Gieselle

Don't remove material from the factory parts.

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    I have a JP in my JP, a Jewell in my A2 and a CMC in my 300BLK. They are all quite different. The JP is two stage but very refined. The Jewell is two stage, very adjustable, but I have it set to meet Service Rifle requirements in terms of weight. The CMC is single stage and snaps like a glass rod, it's the best of the three for target stuff.

Ray.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by ishoot10s View Post
    I have a JP in my JP, a Jewell in my A2 and a CMC in my 300BLK. They are all quite different. The JP is two stage but very refined. The Jewell is two stage, very adjustable, but I have it set to meet Service Rifle requirements in terms of weight. The CMC is single stage and snaps like a glass rod, it's the best of the three for target stuff.

Ray.
    Apart from the odd seller on trademe who else is retailing the JP unit and roughly how $$, reloaders doing the CMC 3 1/2 -4lb for $369 and bout the same for a timney elsewhere

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ishoot10s View Post

Ray.
    What model is your CMC?
    The only one I've played with was average I thought - might be worth a second look
    Whats the trigger blade shape like?

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    What model is your CMC?
    The only one I've played with was average I thought - might be worth a second look
    Whats the trigger blade shape like?
    The straight one...

Name:  300BLK2.JPG
Views: 475
Size:  273.0 KB

Ray.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.