Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: AR15 suppressor

AR15 suppressor

I have a dpt can suppressor I brought off trademe for 200 bucks on my ar15 with 11.5 inch barrel. But its still loud as he'll. It definitly works a bit tho It's advertised to take the sound down to a 22 magnum, but is no way near that. My query is, how loud should a suppressed ar15 be?

On an 11.5", you're going to struggle. That is very high muzzle pressure.

Re: AR15 suppressor

I had one on a 14.5" and it worked fine but I thought the pressure was high (but no expert). And dpt said said it shouldn't get too hot which didn't suit for a semi auto, now sits on my single shot, and is great for that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Being over gunned is under rated.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Vapour2209

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    I'm not sure you can expect too much for $200 from any of these back yard farmers around that think they are 'gunsmiths' to be honest
    ARdave and BRADS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    I'm not sure you can expect too much for $200 from any of these back yard farmers around that think they are 'gunsmiths' to be honest
    Also that

Spanners - You're freaking me out man. I'm finding myself agreeing with just about everything you're posting at the moment.

What the fuck is going on????

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    Spanners - You're freaking me out man. I'm finding myself agreeing with just about everything you're posting at the moment.

What the fuck is going on????
    I havnt changed - must be you

I call shit as I see it - the filter is pretty coarse though

Baz
    I have one of DPT's over barrel suppressors ($315 one) on my gun shitty 20" AR, Works a treat. can shoot with out ear protection. It gets pretty hot, but then I thrash shit out of it at 3 guns and hunting.
    Does but a bit more smoke back in your face, but hey, it smells good.

Seems well constructed for a back yard job if it is so.

Im not sure about such a short barrel but on a 16 inch suppressors work a treat. my supp is a custom jobbie by one of the "back yard farmers" that spanners is talking about.

bout the same if not better than a 18 inch 243 bolt action with a gunworks can on it.

Ive got 2 muzzle breaks from a back yard farmer/gunsmith i mean DPT. They work brilliant, so much so that i wont bother with anyone elses product.

I have a DPT can on my 14.5" AR15, which I'm happy with. Definitely a lot quieter only problem is the noise out the ejection port which is to be expected. Just put a DPT can on my .308 Tikka T3 Tactical, fits and looks great, trying it out Friday. I don't think you can beat them for the price.

Name:  10x9fm8.jpg
Views: 4397
Size:  44.0 KB

Name:  2empfg1.jpg
Views: 5730
Size:  50.9 KB

The shorter the barrel the loader the bang! I bet a 11.5'' unsuppressed rifle would be absolutely offensive to fire, so I'd be glad to have any suppressor on it to tame it down.

kj

DPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Burb122 View Post
    I have a dpt can suppressor I brought off trademe for 200 bucks on my ar15 with 11.5 inch barrel. But its still loud as he'll. It definitly works a bit tho It's advertised to take the sound down to a 22 magnum, but is no way near that. My query is, how loud should a suppressed ar15 be?
    Now that AR's are becoming cheap as chips everyone is fitting suppressors to them, when I designed and tested the suppressors they were on rifles with a lot longer barrels than 11.5" so it is to be expected that a short arse barrel is going to be a lot louder than longer one. I failed to mention that in my adverts. I do have a longer can thats the same price so if you send me your one back we can do a swap. That will bring the sound down a bit more.

DPT

DPT
    Im not a Farmer or call myself a gunsmith, I dont do any gunsmithing, I build suppressors brakes and thread barrels thats all. Yes I do have a machine shop in my shed at my house. Not sure what it would take to get out of the "back yard farmer" tag.......

DPT when do you think your modular centrefire suppressors will be ready? do you have a length, diameter etc?
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement