Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Belmont ammo

Belmont ammo

Hi Guys

Well im happy with where my rifle is at the moment and how its shooting (7m08 T3), i just need to get out and use it more often. I've only shot remington 140gr core-lokt through it and it seems to be consistent. I'm coming towards the end of my last box i purchased. Now the price tag on them is approx $45-$50 a box.

Being we're in the middle of this covid crap, we need to help out local suppliers and buy locally etc. Retail stores obviously need help also, but i thought supporting a manufacturer would be more beneficial than a retailer.
    I wanted to know whether any of you have shot the Belmont ammo at all? Is it consistent?

Belmont produce 2 x 7m08 rounds
    OFC ADI Brass with 139gr Hornady Interlock BTSP (Boat Tail Soft Point) Projectile
    BC: .453 (G1)
    Powder: 763
    Cost: $40 box

OFC ADI Brass with 139gr SST Hornady projectile
    Cost: $46 box

I dont know anything about reloading; powders, projectiles, primers... etc. Hopefully Belmont would have data on their ammo? or done some testing at least?
    My basic ammo brain looks at it and see's $46 this projectile compared to a factory hornady ammo for a price difference of nearly $30 cheaper and supporting locally, Win, Win in my brain.

Any advice on Belmont Ammo would be much appreciated, I still know i can fall back on the old faithful core-lokt's.

Nothing wrong with Belmont ammo. Cheap and accurate in my .223. Sons use it successfully on fallow, goats and the odd pig. I’m about to bulk buy and would not do so if the product was inferior.

I'm thinking that when all's said and done you'll have to buy a box of each, see how they group in your rifle, then see if you like how they drop what you're aiming at.

I've used the Hornady 139gn sst pills to good effect in my reloads, and also read good things about interlocks.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

Cant complain about Belmont ammo. Used quite a bit of their 9mm load and never had issues. Their very easy to deal with etc. Good buggers. Grab a box of each as has been pointed out and see which one you're gun likes. Then buy 100 rounds of that ammo

They're great, and inside my price range. Dont offer a lot of technical detail around the rounds, but I've used the 150gr standards as my hunting round and the are great. Have also used their 150gr Lapua Mega which hit lit a ton of bricks, put a big hole right through. Found the 150gr plastic tips(SST?) great for long range too.

Dago
    Belmont 6.5x55 129gr SP gives consistently tight groupings out of my Swedish Mauser Carl Gustav 1914 Carbine. Highly recommended.

Most accurate ammo I've used in my 7x57

Thanks guys.
    Might be the go i think, get a box and see if the rifle loves it.