Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By nhojw
  • 4 Post By Marty Henry

Thread: Beretta NZ

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar

Beretta NZ

Now that Beretta Nz is advertising a price with the firearm does this mean we can buy direct AKA kilwell or is this the Recommended Retail price that can then be negotiated at your friendly local retail store?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I went to Beretta NZ in working purpose and would like to get them to order one for me and was denied. They said I can only order through the retailer. I went to Reloaders AKL and ordered a Beretta BRX-1 and the Reloaders guy said preoder must pay deposit and in the Beretta guided price.The Reloaders may give me a tinny discount depots on the sale. I paid deposit and waiting. The common calibre, 30-06, 308 300WSM will be here about APR or MAY but I ordered 6.5 CM, the Beretta guy said may be July or latter. I would assume would be end of the year. Hope this info helps you.
    Last edited by nhojw; 10-04-2022 at 11:26 AM. Reason: add more
    jakewire likes this.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Yip
    Thanks.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I think Beretta NZ must be doing RRP/MAP pricing.
    I inquired about buying a scope that had a ridiculously high MSRP thinking the store would have a different (much lower price) but it didn't, it was the same ridiculous price.

Hi, as we do not sell direct, our pricing online is RRP (although these are changing so much we have to add a note that thye are subject to change) we cannot dictate what a store sells any of our products for, so if they wish to sell it lower for good customers, it is up to them.

The problem with RRPS in a small market is it becomes the default price across the board. Small retailers who buck the trend and regularly discount then have this disclosed by a happy customer to a larger chain who then pressures the importer can and in two cases I know of have been threatened that supply will cease unless the discounting stops.
    Not quite price fixing but certainly anti competitive.

Yeah the individual shop seems to make up the price I remeber when beretta extrema 2 were the latest I was going to buy it from hunt fish napier. Before I did I rung a shop owner in Auckland at the time he said don't buy off him lol I'll give to you 500 cheaper. Man that was a genuine shop owner who looked after the guys who regularly bought gear off him.