Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Bergara b14

Bergara b14

Hey team. Anyone in the know/owns the cerekote version of the b14 Hunter? Can you please let me know if they are stainless under the cerekote?
    Cheers

Did @ryansonghurst own one of these?

I believe so!

H.M
    I have the extreme hunter version and i am pretty sure they are stainless under the cerekote yes. Don't think the standard b14s are tho. I could be wrong.
    stevodog likes this.

H.M
    This is a good write up on the extreme hunter model which is what i have, yes these are stainless but the standard b14 hunters are not. Hope this helps.

https://rodandrifle.co.nz/articles/r...me-hunter-308/

The B14 extreme hunter with 18” barrel is ceracote over stainless. Nice guns.
    stevodog likes this.

H.M
    They come in 6.5 creedmoor or 308. The 308 has a 18” barrel the 6.5 has a 22” barrel. I have the 6.5 very nice rifles and very accurate. Replaced my tikka with one and although a bit heavier i will never go back, build quality is excellent.

I thought we’d covered this off in another thread? The Extreme Hunter is only available in .308.

Neither the Bergara USA or Global sites show an Extreme Hunter 6.5 Creedmoor.

There are some rifle / suppressor packages available from Reloaders for example, that claim to be Extreme Hunters in 6.5 CM, but I would be pretty dubious that they have the same spec. For the money, you wanna be sure what it is you’re buying.
    Just...say...the...word

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    I thought we’d covered this off in another thread? The Extreme Hunter is only available in .308.

Neither the Bergara USA or Global sites show an Extreme Hunter 6.5 Creedmoor.

There are some rifle / suppressor packages available from Reloaders for example, that claim to be Extreme Hunters in 6.5 CM, but I would be pretty dubious that they have the same spec. For the money, you wanna be sure what it is you’re buying.
    They dont show the 6.5cm because they have stopped making it. There are 6.5cm extreme hunters in nz though. I looked at several of both 6.5cm and 308 when I bought mine
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Well Ryan that’s interesting, Mother Google will only return search results from NZ for “bergara b14 extreme hunter 6.5 creedmoor” so did Bergara only make it for release in NZ?

Or did something else happen?
    Just...say...the...word

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    Well Ryan that’s interesting, Mother Google will only return search results from NZ for “bergara b14 extreme hunter 6.5 creedmoor” so did Bergara only make it for release it in NZ?

Or did something else happen?
    Yes im pretty sure it was only made for nz and only an initial run then no more. The bloke at the store was telling me all about how the 6.5cm was the best caliber on the planet, so I walked out with the 308. But yes, definately made, have had both of them side by side and both exactly the same build specs apart from cal
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Well, I’ve just asked Bergara directly. Let’s see what they say, assuming I hear back next week sometime I suppose. Happy to be proven wrong, but I can’t think of a single reason why Bergara would do this, doesn’t make economic sense.
    Just...say...the...word

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    The bloke at the store was telling me all about how the 6.5cm was the best caliber on the planet
    Geeez man - what sort of gunshops do you frequent ??

Oh - now I remember, most of them would say that!!
    Ryan_Songhurst likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentman View Post
    Geeez man - what sort of gunshops do you frequent ??

Oh - now I remember, most of them would say that!!
    Just the usual gun shop BS, everyone knows 260 is the best call on the planet.
    johnd, superdiver and Cliff like this.

@Beetroot You mean 270 right?
    Ryan_Songhurst likes this.