Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MB
  • 1 Post By Rock river arms hunter

Thread: Bergara ba13 9mm?

Rup

Bergara ba13 9mm?

I noticed that bergara does make a 9mm barrel for their takedown rifles. I've never heard of any being sold in NZ. Was wondering how you'd get one imported. Could you get a gunsmith to make one?

I looked into these, as I reckon would be an awesome rifle to have. A friend at a local gun store contacted the Bergara agent in NZ and asked them if they could supply. Apparently, they are a special order item from Bergara, and they'd have to order atleast 30(from memory) of them for Bergara to do a run. They don't think there would be a market for them in NZ, so haven't bothered. If somehow we could get a bunch of people together that would want them, maybe we could get something rolling. Retail in OZ shows them at roughly the same price as a standard ba13, wo would be around $1k here

MB
    Asking out of ignorance. Why 9mm?

For me personally, I just think it'd be a fun round to shoot at the range. Cheap, easy to find, low recoil etc. Plus I imagine it'd make a good close range goat gun?

MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesyd View Post
    For me personally, I just think it'd be a fun round to shoot at the range. Cheap, easy to find, low recoil etc. Plus I imagine it'd make a good close range goat gun?
    I have a BA13 in 300BLK. With subsonic rounds, it ticks most of those boxes.
    XR500 likes this.

Rup
    Yeah just a bit of fun. Those marshall precision 9mm bolt guns look sweet but oof $2500 is a bit dear. Wonder if it would be easier to just rebarrel a .222 ba13.

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Asking out of ignorance. Why 9mm?
    The cheapest centerfire cartridge to buy and probably reload. No recoil, makes heaps bigger holes than a 22, smashes small furry things.

Jamesb221
    How do we get 30 people together then?
    I also asked a while ago, as seen them I'm aus. 9mm so easy to load, subs are no sweat, doesn't matter if loose brass either.

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    I have a BA13 in 300BLK. With subsonic rounds, it ticks most of those boxes.
    Yep but with a 9mm you're using around 3-4 gr of powder.

So to be able to use the same amount of powder except with a expanding projectile from a rifle would be neat as hell for cost and fun factor busting small furry things.

You can also get the single barrel shotgun inserts that convert a single barrel shotgun to a 9mm,45, etc etc etc.
    300CALMAN likes this.

with all these as-vals floating around in ukraine its got me a little keen on a 9x39 bolt action.
    its a little hard to justify with 30cal and 44cal subsonic rigs