Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gibo

Thread: Best silencer for a CZ457?

Best silencer for a CZ457?

I've just bought a CZ 457 Royal, and she is beautiful, shoots like a dream, and is perfectly balanced. I'm using a Hushpro RF2 suppressor on her, and that works fairly well, but I'd like her quieter. Is that possible, and if so what suppressor would you suggest?

George.
    Last edited by ShadyG; 17-11-2020 at 02:01 PM. Reason: spelling

MB
    Lovely rifle. I'm not familiar with your suppressor, but having had a look online, it looks pretty good. I've had a Hushpower Braveheart and a Hardy over-barrel on my CZ452. Both good with subs, no muzzle noise at all. If you're shooting supersonics, then obviously there is going to be an unavoidable crack. Maybe a centrefire suppressor would be of benefit to you in this case.

I'm really happy with my A-Tec. I could add more baffles but it's already at the point of diminishing returns.

22lr is not difficult to suppress well so any reasonably well designed suppressor will work well.
    Resident 6.5 Grendel aficionado.

Id get a DPT with 5 baffles.
    GWH likes this.

I can do you a bigger one using a CF case to try.
    Regards
    Paul

Another vote for DPT and add as many baffles as you find works. I think I only have 3 in mine but it works pretty damn well, avoid anything Chinese, the cheap ones have far bigger holes, compare one side by side with a kiwi one and you'll see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyG View Post
    I've just bought a CZ 457 Royal, and she is beautiful, shoots like a dream, and is perfectly balanced. I'm using a Hushpro RF2 suppressor on her, and that works fairly well, but I'd like her quieter. Is that possible, and if so what suppressor would you suggest?George.
    As suggested already.
    Are you shooting supers, or subs currently?

Currently shooting subs, I've tried supers, but they go with a hell of a crack. I've just ordered a 5 baffle DPT suppressor, I'll see how that works. The possums and rabbits around here have got ears like shithouse rats!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyG View Post
    Currently shooting subs, I've tried supers, but they go with a hell of a crack. I've just ordered a 5 baffle DPT suppressor, I'll see how that works. The possums and rabbits around here have got ears like shithouse rats!
    5 baffle Dpt is the way to go. Don’t even know it’s on there