Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GWH
  • 1 Post By CooeeBay

Thread: Binoculars

northdude

Binoculars

Thinking about updating my old Bushnell cheaply binoculars not looking to spend a lot say under 500 bucks are the Steiner ones any good

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    Thinking about updating my old Bushnell cheaply binoculars not looking to spend a lot say under 500 bucks are the Steiner ones any good
    Spent 4 hundy bought some leupold Bx2 Cascades off nzhunterandthehunted. Have not arrived yet but I ll review them when they arrive
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Happy with my leupold mckensises cant remember how much but cheaper than others I looked at

GWH
    My Vortex Diamondback 10x42s are fantastic, especially for the $
    CooeeBay likes this.

northdude
    thanks for the replies the steiners are german made but if i look closely theres probably a made in china sticker on them someware i like german stuff its usualy well made

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    thanks for the replies the steiners are german made but if i look closely theres probably a made in china sticker on them someware i like german stuff its usualy well made
    Soemone on here mentioned as long as 10% of the product is made in Germany it counts as made there ie covers and straps made in Germany glass and bodies in China...

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Soemone on here mentioned as long as 10% of the product is made in Germany it counts as made there ie covers and straps made in Germany glass and bodies in China...
    Doubt that. A lot
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Steiners are not bad.
    The pair I used had individual eyepeice focus that always got changed when hanging round your neck so both always needed adjusting when you pick them up to scan which was an annoyance but glass was pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Can vouch for steiner's warranted, bought a second hand pair of safaris at a cash converters in south Africa, discovered the diopter was broken, rep took them back here and sent them away, got a brand new set back, best $50 I have ever spent!

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

northdude
    cool thanks theres a place just down the road from work that sells them very handy if a warranty problem arises they also sell very nice knives and outdoor stuff and its not cheap rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    My Vortex Diamondback 10x42s are fantastic, especially for the $
    The new Diamondbacks have improved slightly with the clarity and sleeker style and for under $400 are fantastic... if I do say so myself.
    GWH likes this.