Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Black Beauty - the Legend Lives On!

Black Beauty - the Legend Lives On!

Gidday team,

I'll try to keep this short and sweet - just like me

A wee while ago, a new girl on the block discovered big game hunting and with no experience, no money and no friends in the know, she joined a wicked forum. A forum that supported and encouraged her and ultimately built an amazing rifle to get her started.

Yep, that was me and Black Beauty. I'm a bit sad to say that I haven't blooded her yet, and in fact not shot a deer of my own since I was gifted her, but it's now time to move on. I'm in a place where I can afford my own toys and she'd be better in someone else's hands.

As far as I am concerned, Black Beauty belongs to the forum and it's members.

I'll be giving her over to safe hands (to make room in my own safe!) and leaving it up to you lot to who needs to give her a whirl next.

That person may be a member already, they may not have yet joined. But that's up to you guys.

Dies and two different loads will be sitting waiting with her too.

---

I want to extend another huge thank you to everyone involved in the process of building and funding Black Beauty, and for giving me the opportunity to look after her for the year or so that I've had her. And also the on-going support and encouragement from the forum has been exceptional. I've really enjoyed reading about people honing their skills and securing their kills (Phil you're a favourite read of mine, you've already got a fantastic hunting career under you belt you mad Blondey!). It's a rad place round here, let's keep it that way.

Hot Barrels

Dougie
    DAF, 7mmsaum, veitnamcam and 9 others like this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

You bought a muzzle loader replacement! Excellent choice! generous of you to move on in this way, congratulations on doing it
    peril 787b and Dougie like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

ebf
    Not so sure about the sweet part, but you're definitely a short-shit
    mucko, Dougie and Maca49 like this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Not so sure about the sweet part, but you're definitely a short-shit
    You're clearly met me, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't ruin it for those who haven't hahaha. And you're no basket ball superstar either you cheeky shit!!
    Maca49 likes this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Good on ya Dougie!
    I hope you haven't scratched her

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

Quote Originally Posted by puku View Post
    Good on ya Dougie!
    I hope you haven't scratched her

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    I hope she has scratched her. Black Beauty was built as a working rifle, not a safe queen.

Good on you Dougie.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Jeez Dougie don't tell Phillip that, he will get all a tremble with excitement. Good on you for passing the rifle on.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Why not set a goal for yourself to shoot your first deer on doc land with this gun before handing it on. Then atheist you sure doing justice to the guys who made it all happen.

Otherwise... I'll have it
    mikee and Gibo like this.

Shame you never got a deer with her, well done on deciding to pass her on. If you have managed to put a few scratches in her send the stock back down to me and I can repair them for the next person.
    Munsey, Toby and BRADS like this.

Ejected
    Nice one dude, share and share alike its a great way to be.
    It helped you get started and amongst it and hopefully it will be the same for the next person.
    Wish more people were this generous.

well done dougie!

Rifle is made to be used so good on you for passing it on.

Be interesting to see how this one progresses, i think it needs to go to someone who has a passion for reloading, shooting, hunting and all things, not necessarily a newbie. Its not really a newbies kinda rifle. Must be a common contributor.

My vote goes to @Toby as he seems to sacrifice a bit for shooting and we can certainly guarantee it will be used!!

Or sell it on here with profits going to a nice savage a member is selling for $500 and then the rest goes into something else??

Quote Originally Posted by scoped View Post
    Why not set a goal for yourself to shoot your first deer on doc land with this gun before handing it on. Then atheist you sure doing justice to the guys who made it all happen.

You take her out for a hunt to get one then.
    gadgetman, Dougie, mikee and 1 others like this.

Don't give it to Toby, he's already got more rifles than most of us
    I vote mucko's hat

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    You take her out for a hunt to get one then.
    Ha yeah mate it's not from lack of trying, seriously. She's got a few scratches for sure. I've kept her up to date with firing and cleaning just to keep my eye in with this rifle..but lately the most animals I have seen are during bush hunting. This rifle is nearly as long as I am tall and sadly I find myself reaching for the savage whenever I head out for a bush hunt.

This rifle is exceptional long range, I just don't have anywhere to take it that doesn't cost me $200 in petrol and a day off work to get to.

And for the record the reloading thing has been incredibly interesting to get into, this is an absolute steal for whoever picks it up next. It's not just a rifle, it's a door opener!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scoped View Post

I've set the goal to shoot my first deer on DOC land about 2seconds after I pulled the trigger and dropped that Red stag on private property along side VC and Kiwi Greg about two years ago!!!

And I now I'm chasing the dream of getting a bloody Sika before I die!!
    DAF likes this.