Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By r87mm

Thread: Blaser barrel pillar issues

Blaser barrel pillar issues

Well it's going to gunworks on Monday but wondering if any of you have experienced similar.

Bought a r93, one of the threaded pillars that usually stay in barrel was stuck in stock, barrel still tightened up fine etc

Got the pillar out after taking ththe chasis apart, put some lock tight on it and threaded back into barrel so both pillars stayed on barrel as they should

Have just got another barrel and went to put it on, sure enough when I did it the pillar on original barrel stayed in stock... have just taken it all apart and the threads don't look flash where it screws into barrel, see photo.

Thoughts on what to do?

Name:  20181208_173216.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  2.23 MB

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Never seen the pillar come free on any barrel I have or other. Have you searched any of the Blaser forums? There may be better info there.
    The threads on the one in the barrel looks worse than the one that come out. Are they tight to do up?
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Yeah cant find anything online, both pillars are fairly average when compared with another barrel i have. The "nuts" that stay in the stock are clean and screw on smooth to the other barrel.

My main concern is the thread in the barrel which he pillar screws into is average at best...

They seem to do up tight but don't feel smooth to do up like the other barrel

Was this barrel supplied with the stock? I'd be keen to get the studs re-made and locked into the barrel. It would suck to have the stock "nuts" strip out or gall the other barrels.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Have you removed the chassis from the stock?

Yep stock and barrel together.

I was worried the nuts were buggered but they are smooth as on another barrel, they must be made of harder steel and the pillars have been sacrificed.

Very frustrating when i went to change the barrel and a pillar is left behind, so yep chassis and everything ad to come out to get the pillar out.

All in parts ready for gunsmith

Maybe ask over on the BlaserBuds forum , it can get a bit annoying over there sometimes , but there is a huge amount of Blaser knowledge.

Ken
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

Those don't look like original Blaser threads at all

I think they are, they seem the same as my other blaser barrel. I cant find anywhere what thread they are meant to be

Yes they probably are original
    I just looked at all of my barrels and your ones just look a lot shinier than my ones.
    Maybe just the image / flash

I'd probably send it to a gun smith and get the job done properly. The wrong grade of steel or not getting the threads sorted will cause more problems. Dean Maisey said Blaser have a slightly under cut tread for their barrels when he makes brakes for them. Everything counts on those two little studs being right so don't skimp on getting it fixed properly as a "close enough" may not be.
    My R8 barrels appear to be M7x.75 thread. Not sure if R93's are the same
    outdoorlad likes this.