Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Gibo
  • 1 Post By Barefoot
  • 1 Post By kiwijames

Thread: Blaser or not

Blaser or not

So I am wanting to know are the Blaser as good as they say or just the over weight gun of the moment I have had a hold of one and they feel ok.
    Still trying to decide if they are as good as some say as I know others have sold there's for lighter units.
    I do like quality and I know German's are the best at that so what are the pro's and con's of them and is anyone here making a carbon stock for them yet?

Just search it mate. Theres probably more info on them in here than the blaser archives themselves.
    Barefoot likes this.

If you like the way the bolt works and everything fits together then you will enjoy owning one. Otherwise you will be wasting your money.
    My R8 is no heavier than the old Swedish mausers I hunted with for 20yrs.
    puku likes this.

Solid advice there @Barefoot
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    I've had a R93 for nearly 20 years now. Couple of others have come and gone. Pretty happy.
    Consider Blaser as a rifle platform rather than a rifle. I think if your a one gun guy you can find similar quality in other firearms. The great advantage comes with the ability to have additional barrels and the system then becomes economical. The one size and one trigger needs only one muscle memory group across a a range of rifles.
    Christiansen Arms make a carbon stock but with all things Blaser don't expect much change.
    There are options other than OEM barrels too @tui_man2
    longrange308 likes this.