Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WillB

Thread: Blaser Sling Swivel

Blaser Sling Swivel

Hi Guys

I want to put a 30mm sling on an R8. The threaded bolt on the sling hardware (Blueforce Hunter's sling from Twinneedle) won't go through the hole in the Blaser stud, and furthermore, the Blaser swivels are way too narrow for the sling. I've been net trawling and not coming up with a lot. Some guys have drilled out the Blaser studs, apparently but that sounds scary. I figure I either need studs with a bigger hole or a sling swivel that has a smaller diameter pin/bolt. Does anyone have any advice or experience with this?

Cheers!

w

R93
    I just drilled my one out to fit the standard quick release swivels.
    Had the rifle for a while and so far no issues with it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

LOC
    Can you adapt the sling to use a smaller euro swivel rather than mess with the rifle? Twin Needle are pretty good at altering things if you source the correct swivel

Thanks guys - I guess those are my options. Maybe I'll start with sling adaptation and progress to lug drilling if required. You're right, @LOC - Twinneedle are very good at altering things. I could get them to resew a Blueforce sling I imagine, If I can provide the hardware. I could maybe get them to use a little loop of those straps climbers use, to link the Blaser sling swivel to the Blue Force sling. @R93 did you just unscrew the lug, put it in a vice and drill it out ? I guess that'd work. Did you loctite it back in or just screw it back in?

R93
    I just drilled them in place with my cordless mate. Didn't take much to open them up to standard size.

I have @stug carbon stock now and I think Stu has fitted standard studs. I only just noticed now when I went to check if I made a mess of the job or not.

So if you drill yours and muck it up I have spares still in the professional stock

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    I just bought a Blaser sling. It came with quick release swivels at the euro size.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

All good thoughts. I actually have a stug stock too which is awesome but it’s at the doctors right now so I’m fiddling with the original again. I should probably just forget it and mow the lawn or something

LOC
    I have a stug too. picked up a different sling and use normal sized swivels when I got the stug stock

LOC
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    I just bought a Blaser sling. It came with quick release swivels at the euro size.
    I have the Blaser sling for the original stock and picked up a Niggleoh for the Stug stock with normal swivels. I am almost certain Niggleoh make the Blaser sling but I reckon the Blaser sling is way better. Sits much higher on the shoulder so doesn’t slide low like the way Europeans like to carry their guns under arm

I have a Niggeloh which is good for carrying but the blueforce is good for shooting and it’s small and light and quick to adjust.
    LOC likes this.