Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Bore scope?

Bore scope?

Is there a entry level basic version out there yet that any one has tried, I see ones that plug into your phone etc, has any one tried one out and got any feed back.

I have always wanted to see whats going on in there.
    XR500 likes this.

Having recently purchased some very nice but old firearms, including muzzle loaders which do not lend themselves to "peering down the tube" to assess whatever is lurking in the darkness, I am awaiting the arrival of one of these......

https://tinyurl.com/4yp5d5d7

According to Alixpress, it has left China but has encountered a "Sorry, logistics delay, we will delivery it to you as soon as possible." which may range from, the aeroplane having crashed to the pencil pusher having broken the lead in his pencil............I know not which.
    Heigh Ho. only 3 weeks so far but when and if it arrives, I will give an opinion on suitability for the task. A deciding factor in purchasing was a feedback from a buyer saying suitable for bore checking............so we wait.
    As an aside, I didn't buy one with side view lens as well as a forward lens 'cos the lens focal length is greater than 3 cm's I will never own a firearm with a bore wider than 3 cm's .I am not expecting to use it on field artillery. Naturally the diameter of the "head' of the unit is critical and I opted for the 3.9 mm head along with the ability to record video and make snapshots. Also, able to be operated as a free standing unit, not having to be connected to a computer. or cell phone, but still having the ability to download the images.
    Last edited by Kiwi Sapper; 10-08-2021 at 11:45 PM.

Gone but not forgotten
    I bought a cheap camera (about $15 or so), it worked semi-okay to see pitting, but needed to try various things to get the lighting right, e.g. pushing a plug of paper down in front of the camera. The little mirror attachment that came with it didn't work because the focus was all wrong.

I tried the Lyman(?) digital one that came out a few years ago. Pretty underwhelming. The image was not in good enough focus to be useful.

Teslong are the biz but have been out of stock for a while, well at least the times I've looked including yesterday. The video you can save is amazingly detailed, to the point where microscopic marks can look scary.
    zimmer likes this.

I don't know what Kiwi Sapper has ordered. All I get in the link is a whole lot of junky ads and some offer it wants me to take.

As per @6x47 I was looking at one of these.
    https://teslong.com/collections/rifl...es-with-screen

I already own a Hawkeye but would see the Teslon getting more use (abuse?). Because of the cost of the Hawkeye it tends always live in its box and it's not the sort of thing to leave laying on a cluttered bench. Also not easy to record anything.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I don't know what Kiwi Sapper has ordered. All I get in the link is a whole lot of junky ads and some offer it wants me to take................

The Link in my post is working for me. I have just used it and captured this image.

Name:  ebdoscope Capture.JPG
Views: 287
Size:  102.8 KB
    zimmer likes this.

Just tried the link for the third time and heh presto we are now singing from the same song sheet.
    Looks OK. Maybe a Chinese copy of a Chinese product (Teslong)? Have they no shame?
    Be interested to read your report, once the scope arrives....

Happy with Lyman digital. Cheap (relatively) and cheerful. And purpose designed. Most of the industrial ones have a 0 deg (only look straight ahead) whereas you need I think about 30 deg with substantial magnification for rifle barrels. Anything that’s not visible isn’t worth worrying about with the Lyman. Certainly picks up minor copper and carbon for cleaning and almost microscopic burrs and pitting.

I picked up a Teslong wifi unit recently, got it direct from Teslong. About $225 delivered.

Name:  EE72399D-BFAC-4216-AC05-1F5F79C12B84.jpeg
Views: 272
Size:  43.2 KB
    Name:  BA4728A8-FF55-4B76-9C91-0F348A07B42A.jpeg
Views: 238
Size:  35.0 KB
    Name:  85BD5E62-E4D3-4C2D-97D5-1AFD23525798.jpeg
Views: 253
Size:  36.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by gqhoon View Post
    I picked up a Teslong wifi unit recently, got it direct from Teslong. About $225 delivered.]
    Are your images "reflected in a mirror " images?

Correct. It came with 3 mirror arrangements with adjustable focal lengths, but I’ve only used one so far.

Not trying to hijack the post, but Ive just received 2 Teslong Bore scopes. If anyone is interested in grabbing one? $200 sounds OK?

Yup. But what model is it.
    PM Sent.