Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boyds Stocks

Boyds Stocks

Are there any restrictions on bringing in a Boyds stock? I saw on here a while back someone saying they had lost stocks at customs in the past so just double checking before I place an order

AB Precision
    they only ship upto value of 150 from memory? that was including freight?

Re: Boyds Stocks

Not from what i know. Just gota be under the 100usd from there side for some reason

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Caretaker

Boyds Stocks

Yep under a hundy USD and they wave it goodbye as it flies to nz. I have one on its way as we speak in black pepper laminate, it will get 2 kg of lead glued into it for a project.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

I've brought about 4 of them in. Customs opened each one and left a note saying the'd be opened. They left it at that and didn't interfere further.

Nice, wanting to get an uninletted one to go on my tikka, I'm left handed but shoot with a right hand action so can get a left hand/right bolt setup this way. Will just be a bit of a prick getting the recoil lug set up right etc

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by horihunter View Post
    Nice, wanting to get an uninletted one to go on my tikka, I'm left handed but shoot with a right hand action so can get a left hand/right bolt setup this way. Will just be a bit of a prick getting the recoil lug set up right etc
    Im doing the same for my savage .22mag TBH

I'm a big fan of my Boyds stock on my remmy. Plus if I'm not wrong my Savage 17hmr came from the factory with a Boyds stock (if not it's a laminate stock that looks exactly like one they make). Plus for $160~ landed it's not gonna break the bank. None of mine took longer than 2 weeks to get here, most of them in around 10 days from memory.

The gun city guys like to charge $400 for them. Cheeky buggers.

R93

Boyds Stocks

I just ordered one for a .22 and needed to get a import permit sorted. Cheap tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. So please forgive my sausage fingers!!!
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Have emailed them to see if they can send me what I want, the longer term plan (will try this stock but may end up mounting to something lighter) is to try and get the Accuracy international bottom metal and magazine as well (although after looking now it seems they cant do the long action) The other part of the plan is to chop the forend shorter and keeping enough dpeth in it to mount a versapod from a spigot pinned into the front of the stock (the whole thing is just going to be an experiment), give me something to play with after work when the mrs is busy with assignments anyway
    Last edited by distant stalker; 16-09-2012 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    I just ordered one for a .22 and needed to get a import permit sorted. Cheap tho.

What'd you need the permit for R93? You can just buy and import them. Not permits needed. They're a bit of wood.

R93

Boyds Stocks

I thought so as well mate but I have just spent a few days getting it sorted with the arms officer and he reckons I need one.
    Sorted now but be careful as the 2010 act states you need a permit to import any part of a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    I thought so as well mate but I have just spent a few days getting it sorted with the arms officer and he reckons I need one.
    Sorted now but be careful as the 2010 act states you need a permit to import any part of a firearm.

Oh bugger. I guess it's up to customs whether or not they're going to make you get one. As I said, customs opened the ones I brought in and didn't have any issues. That was last year from memory.

The arms officers I've called in the past to ask questions about importing stuff have always been pretty helpful. Hopefully getting a permit for it would be easy as.

R93

Boyds Stocks

It was easy but could have been costly if I didnt get one!

Had one delivered last week, it had also been opened as had nearly all the rest but there has never been a problem. I think I have 15 over the last 12 months. Anything over the $100 mark they won't send because of export permits which I believe have a minimum cost of $250usd. Expecting 2 more this week as they have just cleared customs, they also sell Bold Optima triggers which are also very good