Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Grue

Thread: BRNO (or CZ) Trigger Kit

BRNO (or CZ) Trigger Kit

Just wanted to say those of you with old BRNO/CZ rifles needing a bit of TLC to check out this site.

Yodave Products - Home

Got a trigger kit for my Mod2, and a new Striker Spring for the bolt. Wish I'd got them before. Great guy to buy off too.

Before my trigger was a bit gritty... and I was really guessing where the trigger would release. The trigger kit does remove the trigger take up, effectively making it a 1-stage trigger... Really crisp break once you've tried the different sizes shims to find which suits best. You then do the same with the different trigger springs, depending on what trigger pull you want. Mine's at a lovely crisp repeatable 2.75lb now. Could go lighter if you want.

Striker spring is good too - my '81 BRNO spring was actually rusted into the firing pin. WD40 and a pair of pliers to get her out (along with about 2 table spoons of rust and dirt along with it). Was getting 2 in 10 missfires on every type of ammo - worth it just to fix that, with the added bonus of a lovely smooth bolt that feels like she's new off the shelf.

I've no interest in this business and all that... just found a good product that wasn't much money for what i feel is a lot of gain, and thought I'd share.
    madjon_ likes this.

i got a similar kit for mine 3 years back from richard wilhelm arms and optics for $30

as you have said it is money very well spent the trigger on that rifle is probably the best I have I absolutly love it

185$ spent on the ruger on voquartsen bits and Im still not happy with it, the timing I think is wrong, as untill I put an o-ring behind it you had to push it forward to reset major pain in the ass