Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: BRNO K1

BRNO K1

Anyone got any experience with the BRNO K1 single shots?

How do they stack up to more expensive single shots accuracy/durability wise? E.g Blaser K95's.

Cheers, AJ

I'd like to know what the trigger is like on the BRNO K1.

I had a good look at ine in Gunworks years ago.
    223 cal
    Robbie had trouble sekling it because of what it was listed for.

I already had my K95 so thats why i had a decent look.
    The action had a fairly basic loking system.
    Nothing like the Blaser or Merkel with the floating breech block.

But it was well built.
    Robbie reckoned it was accurate
    I can't remember the mounts exactly
    The butt stock was a bit extreme with a typical lot of drop at heel

In NZ Guns & Hunting they reviewed one a few years ago, in .223. From memory the review was favourable. Not much info I know.
    More meplat, more better.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    As akaroa1 said. I looked at it too at Robbies, stock set up for open sights with a horrible low comb / drop at heel. Nice basic shotgun style single shot rifle...but the stock....aaahhh did I mention that
    akaroa1 likes this.

Much as I like break action single shot's - the K1 is a dog, even the Baikal is better in my opinion, and its pretty crude.

Brno did once make a nice "kipplauf" that was modestly priced compared with the Blaser's etc . . . . but its no longer produced.

Okay, cheers fellas.

I'm looking for a rifle that'll fit in my pack, but there don't seem to be many options other than bergaras and baikals - both of which I hate: both in terms of ergonomics and weight. The euro singles are nice, but they're expensive and probably not the best choice for a drag through the mud rifle.

My dream rig would be something like a 5lb single shot ( or 2 round capacity max) bolt rifle with a very thin/sleek foreend (reminiscent of the early single shot stalking rifles) and that can be broken in two pieces, or have the stock folded. In say .223 or .243. Open sights, and a rail for a lightweight 4x scope to be attached. Stock made of carbon or fibreglass. Stainless barrel and action.

Most backpack rifles on the market are ugly and awkward IMO. They should seek more inspiration from the early british stalking rifles than whatever the hell is influencing the current designs

Frodo,
    I been looking for the same, I've just ordered a set of barrels, for my double rifle
    , so a quality takedown is a ways off.
    In my search I found a used Fair k500 7x65R, @ prophet river firearms, in Canada, he will export to NZ, it's been there for a couple years so I offer a few hundred less. Comes with scope mount. I've been tempted to buy it a few times. List is $2400, I would offer 2100 ish, due to it being for sale for about two years, you might just get for that, the scope mount is worth $480 I've bought one in last few months,
    He also got a few others that might be of interest, a bit a lot more expensive.
    So far my double rifle aspirations have kept me away.
    My Fair double rifle, is touch over 6lbs (9.3x74) both my 16ga Fair shotguns, about that, so I am picking is a touch lighter, and should fit the bill for what your after,
    I've been looking, at the other single shot euros, for a while, mostly for a light weight takedown, such as your after.
    Frodo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Okay, cheers fellas.

I'm looking for a rifle that'll fit in my pack, but there don't seem to be many options other than bergaras and baikals - both of which I hate: both in terms of ergonomics and weight. The euro singles are nice, but they're expensive and probably not the best choice for a drag through the mud rifle.

My dream rig would be something like a 5lb single shot ( or 2 round capacity max) bolt rifle with a very thin/sleek foreend (reminiscent of the early single shot stalking rifles) and that can be broken in two pieces, or have the stock folded. In say .223 or .243. Open sights, and a rail for a lightweight 4x scope to be attached. Stock made of carbon or fibreglass. Stainless barrel and action.

Most backpack rifles on the market are ugly and awkward IMO. They should seek more inspiration from the early british stalking rifles than whatever the hell is influencing the current designs

This is not ugly or hate-able
    You trying to make me sell it to you for half what it cost me - I know - I know what you up to Mr @Frodo

Name:  IMG_0344_resize.JPG
Views: 1587
Size:  590.3 KB
    Frodo likes this.

Haenal make a single shot with the Jaegar tilting block like the Blaser and Merkel. I think shooters supplies had one a few years back. Was about $2-3k from memory.
    Frodo likes this.

If I was a millionaire...Name:  Johann-Fanzoj-KB-1-TI-CARBON-Break-Action-Single-Shot-Rifle-4-1.jpg
Views: 1650
Size:  98.6 KB

Name:  9988529_w800.jpg
Views: 1378
Size:  13.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by southernman View Post
    Frodo,
    I been looking for the same, I've just ordered a set of barrels, for my double rifle
    In my search I found a used Fair k500 7x65R, @ prophet river firearms, in Canada, he will export to NZ, it's been there for a couple years so I offer a few hundred less. Comes with scope mount. I've been tempted to buy it a few times. List is $2400, I would offer 2100 ish, due to it being for sale for about two years, you might just get for that, the scope mount is worth $480 I've bought one in last few months,
    My Fair double rifle, is touch over 6lbs (9.3x74) both my 16ga Fair shotguns, about that, so I am picking is a touch lighter, and should fit the bill for what your after,
    I've been looking, at the other single shot euros, for a while, mostly for a light weight takedown, such as your after.
    Post a pic of your double! Or PM me. Would love to see it.

That k500 looks great. Only problem is that it may end up costing double due to export costs? Or is it just the USA which is expensive to import firearms from?

Quote Originally Posted by southernman View Post
    Frodo,
    Yes - lovely looking firearm alright !!!

There is TC single shot combo on Tradme about 4 different barrel combos. $4k from memory.
    Frodo likes this.

Saw that, Stu. Bit expensive though, considering I'm only after one calibre.

Have you used a thompson single, or handled one?

Might go to Gun City and have a look at one.