Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By southernman
  • 1 Post By nor-west
  • 2 Post By Husky1600
  • 1 Post By Husky1600
  • 1 Post By Spudattack
  • 3 Post By Carlsen Highway

Thread: BRNO ZKK602 vs Husqvarna 1600

BRNO ZKK602 vs Husqvarna 1600

Hi all.
    Due to house alterations which are costing more than we anticipated, I've having to sell off my collection of rifles. I'm going to use some of the money to buy a single hunting rifle. I'm eying up a BRNO ZKK 602 and a Husqvarna 1600. Calibers aside, which is considered the better rifle? I've owned a ZKK 601 before, with deluxe stock, and found it to be a nice accurate rifle. This one only has the basic stock. Both rifles are in similar condition too, and are the same price.
    More meplat, more better.

I say the Brno 602 is a better rifle, and likely has a better trigger, however from my experience, the husky 1600, will be a lot lighter, slimmer stocked, , I currently have one in 9.3x62, personal preference really, both are very good quality forearms far exceeding the mass machined plastic fantastic currently in flavor.
    I would take the husky, as I feel they fit me better,
    No flies on the 602, but all the ones I've used have been .375H&H and over 9lbs. my husky is 6.12 oz with irons.
    ZG47 and stevodog like this.

Hard to argue with what @southernman has said. The Husky 1600's are sometimes a bit smoother than some Brno's, but the Brno has a true 98 extractor (clones of the 98 extractor like the BSA "Hunter" , Winchester Pre 64 Mod 70, Ruger M77 and others) which will never pull over a cartridge like the clones can.

What a great choice I've had several Brno's all were good shooters 7x57.243 7x64 and one Husky 1600 in 6.5x55. I still regret selling the Husky it was like carrying around a .22 lovely balance.
    ZG47 likes this.

I'm a bit biased - definitely a Husky for a nice lightweight hunting rifle.
    ZG47 and 40mm like this.

Thanks for the input guys, may well have a look at the husqvarna then. Sounds like it’ll be lively in 30-06.

You will not be disappointed, my 30.06 is easily handled and shoots 5 shots in to 50mm at 240 metres without any alteration to original. Keep us posted, be good to see pic's etc
    tanqueray likes this.

The Husqvarna has a nice stock shape/fit.

I recently placed my sako 75 on top of my brno on a table

It was amazing how little the differences in stock shape are between the two.

BRNO ZKK602 vs Husqvarna 1600

I think you should look at the ZKK600 as that is the long action that would be chambered in the 30-06.
    Significantly lighter than the 602 which is the double square bridges magnum length and built heavy for medium and large bore cartridges (.375 H&H and up)
    They come in 2 stock configurations, the deluxe mont Carlo stock with a fake tip and a slimline straight stock which is pretty light and would be my preference.

You won’t be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    csmiffy likes this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Banned
    I have never met a BRNO 600/601 that didn't have some kind of feeding issue to a greater or lessor extent, from not feeding at all, to having a little hitch. I may have been unlucky but I have owned and used a few of them. I have nothing against them other than this, but will no longer buy one unless I can meet it in person.
    The Husqvarna 1600's are a better made rifle, and I would buy another one in a heartbeat. I have had a couple and a mate of mine five or six. A Husky 1600 in a beech stock is a lightweight rifle, (definitely lighter than any Brno) but a .30/06 won't hurt you. (So saying, a 220 grain bullet at 2400 fps out of any kind of .30/06 off a bench will get your attention.)

You could be happy with either. Remember that you need specific rings to fit a Brno dovetail. The Husky will probably come with weavers on it already and you can do what you like.
    Barefoot, Husky1600 and csmiffy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsen Highway View Post
    I have never met a BRNO 600/601 that didn't have some kind of feeding issue to a greater or lessor extent, from not feeding at all, to having a little hitch. I may have been unlucky but I have owned and used a few of them. I have nothing against them other than this, but will no longer buy one unless I can meet it in person.
    The Husqvarna 1600's are a better made rifle, and I would buy another one in a heartbeat. I have had a couple and a mate of mine five or six. A Husky 1600 in a beech stock is a lightweight rifle, (definitely lighter than any Brno) but a .30/06 won't hurt you. (So saying, a 220 grain bullet at 2400 fps out of any kind of .30/06 off a bench will get your attention.)

You could be happy with either. Remember that you need specific rings to fit a Brno dovetail. The Husky will probably come with weavers on it already and you can do what you like.
    The Brno I had in .223 operated flawlessly, and I still have a set of rings from it. I was flicking through an old magazine the other day and came across an article entitled “Husky in the Takatimus”. You still own that one?

sir peter blake would probably agree with the feeding issues of the 601 .223s if he could

my 308 601 is near worn out from the use my father put it thru, fantastic rifle

I think either would be a winner, but im yet to handle a husky

Both are great options. Personally I am a huge Brno fan and own more than a few in all kinds of calibers. Smooth and always work flawlessly.