Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Brownells/ Sinclairs International

I've been trying to order something from Brownells for months and the payment always errors out. I contacted them and the said they were doing maintenance but I've tried several times over the last month or so. Just returns an error and the purchase amount sits pre-authorised on my account for a week before disappearing. I checked with my bank and they said no problems on their end.

Anyone having any luck?

Yeah Ive had problems as well. I do wonder if its maybe because of current shipping issues with usps/nz....

Quote Originally Posted by matagouri View Post
    Yeah Ive had problems as well. I do wonder if its maybe because of current shipping issues with usps/nz....
    That is my thoughts too. I had that issue with Boyds years ago. They had a stock tuned back from customs here so they black flagged NZ as no shipping and stopped accepting sales from NZ buyers. Considering the near impossible task of shipping ex USA to NZ at the moment, this is very possibly the issue.
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

LBD
    I attempted to purchase a item from Brownells... a Remmington bolt dissasembly tool... I had 6 attempts tried something different every time... to no avail

Two days latter checking my visa statement, there were 6 deductions.... a week later they were reimbursed, but still...

Eventually I found a domestic company who could get them.

Quote Originally Posted by LBD View Post
    I attempted to purchase a item from Brownells... a Remmington bolt dissasembly tool... I had 6 attempts tried something different every time... to no avail

Two days latter checking my visa statement, there were 6 deductions.... a week later they were reimbursed, but still...

Eventually I found a domestic company who could get them.
    Same situation.
    Bugger them if they can't sort their international CC payments out. I managed to source everything from Buffalo Arms and a couple items from others. Shipping is a killer cost wise!!

Need to look around for shipping ex USA. Wanted EGW base, shipping between different outlets varied from $17 to $43 US, found a Optical outfit which did the $17 and had it in 8 days.

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Need to look around for shipping ex USA. Wanted EGW base, shipping between different outlets varied from $17 to $43 US, found a Optical outfit which did the $17 and had it in 8 days.
    Normally do, however when I'm trying to order something that maybe three suppliers internationally have them and two ship internationally, one being Brownells. I decided I just have to suck it up. I also regularily reach a point when I get so sick of the time wasted trying to find stuff I'd rather just pay the money. Locally is just a joke for anything that isn't bog standard gear.