Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Brownell's under $100USD anyone still buying parts?

Brownell's under $100USD anyone still buying parts?

Hi,

I want to buy this but Brownells now say they will only assess if a part needs a $250export permit or not at time of sale. So is anyone buying parts <$100 OK? also I want some Ar15 mags....

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...3=AR-15zz1zzM4
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Hate to break it to you but they also require the paperwork and $250 for "special military items", which I discovered includes just about every part of an AR. - they wanted a form and $250 for a $40 muzzle brake

http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...i-issue-19461/

Maybe Digit could help you with the handguards

Quote Originally Posted by ubique View Post
    Hate to break it to you but they also require the paperwork and $250 for "special military items", which I discovered includes just about every part of an AR. - they wanted a form and $250 for a $40 muzzle brake
    They've always been weird about muzzle devices. Sub $100 orders are still all good.
    steven likes this.

Ive got gas blocks and lower parts so handguard will be fine as long as the company is on the approved list.
    Just order and see. They remove items that can't be exported so shouldn't be a big deal.
    steven likes this.

Cool....I'll order and specify that just to be sure.

I'm looking to bring in 6 Brownells magazines, a shotgun magazine extension, pistol grip, ar15 stock kit and maybe a 40rnd pmag. All from brownells, which of these items come under the $100 restriction?
    Would be good if someone in the know could start a thread saying what the current situation is and have it stickied, rather than have the information spread all over the fourm
    steven likes this.

I have just ordered a $99.99USD RRA floating handgrip this morning to see how it goes. @Banana says its Ok so fingers crossed.

I need so many parts that, new charge is a bummer....

Yeah I agree, have only just got my E and B so really bad timing to lose this access to parts

I recently got some mags in and were in display packing that made them a lot bigger.would not fit in standard 6"x6"x9" packing box usps $16.75 next size up box was $45.75 post.do multiple orders keep under $100.could try numrich they have cheap post and higher order value.but have a $35 fee for international orders.

Quote Originally Posted by specweapon View Post
    I'm looking to bring in 6 Brownells magazines, a shotgun magazine extension, pistol grip, ar15 stock kit and maybe a 40rnd pmag. All from brownells, which of these items come under the $100 restriction?
    All of them, but each order can't contain more than $100 worth of ITAR controlled items (i.e. gun parts). Barrels, receivers and 'complete breach mechanisms' require export paperwork regardless of value.
    Brownells won't export Magpul, but you can get pmags shipped to Borderview. They'll charge $50 + shipping ($25 last time I bought mags) to forward them on to you, so only worth it if your going to get as many mags as possible while staying under the $100 limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Banana View Post
    All of them, but each order can't contain more than $100 worth of ITAR controlled items (i.e. gun parts). Barrels, receivers and 'complete breach mechanisms' require export paperwork regardless of value.
    Brownells won't export Magpul, but you can get pmags shipped to Borderview. They'll charge $50 + shipping ($25 last time I bought mags) to forward them on to you, so only worth it if your going to get as many mags as possible while staying under the $100 limit.
    Cool cheers, do you know anything about the $100 limit being $500 if exported to Canada? $500/$100 Export Exemption Details | Borderview | Firearm Export and Import Services to Canada, Australia, New Zealand and more! it looks like you could order $500 of parts if freight forwarded via them?

Ejected
    Just to confirm, is the $100 limit per part our per order? Also does the $100 limit count shipping? I want to order two adjustable gas blocks which will come to a little over $100 + the shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    Just to confirm, is the $100 limit per part our per order? Also does the $100 limit count shipping? I want to order two adjustable gas blocks which will come to a little over $100 + the shipping.
    Per order. The limit is only on the regulated items in your order. The entire order can be over $100, but there can't be more that $100 worth of gun parts in each order.

You'll need to split the shipment if the total cost of the two gas block is over $100.

Also, if something in your order can't be exported, Brownells will remove that item and process the rest of the order. If your buying small items as order fillers, make sure your main item can be exported. Usually they won't let you go through the checkout with non-exportable items to your cart, but it pays to double check if you're unsure.
    Last edited by Banana; 03-06-2015 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by specweapon View Post
    Cool cheers, do you know anything about the $100 limit being $500 if exported to Canada? $500/$100 Export Exemption Details | Borderview | Firearm Export and Import Services to Canada, Australia, New Zealand and more! it looks like you could order $500 of parts if freight forwarded via them?
    (a) Port Directors of U.S. Customs and Border Protection shall permit the export without a license of:

(1) Parts and components for USML Category I(a) firearms, except barrels, cylinders, receivers (frames), or complete breech mechanisms, when the total value does not exceed $100 wholesale in any transaction, except to any of the countries or entities as provided in §126.1 of this subchapter;

(2) Parts, components, accessories, or attachments for USML Category I firearms, except barrels, cylinders, receivers (frames), complete breech mechanisms, or fully automatic firearms and parts and components for such firearms, when:
    • (i) The total value does not exceed $500 wholesale in any transaction;
    • (ii) The export is to Canada for end-use in Canada or return to the United States, or temporary import into the United States of Canadian-origin items and return to Canada for a Canadian citizen;