Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Trout
  • 1 Post By Trout

Thread: Browning x bolts: hells canyon long range vs long range hunter

Browning x bolts: hells canyon long range vs long range hunter

Just wondering if anyone knows of any differences between the Browning X Bolt Hells Canyon Long Range and the Browning X Bolt Long Range Hunter apart from the stocks and finish of the guns. Im looking at getting one in 7mm rem mag. Both are around the same price so assuming its just chosing between aesthetics. Any other calibers people would recomend, Looking at being able to shoot animals out to 800 if I have too and paper at 1000.

Cheers
    Toby

A look up on the Browning website would give you all the details your asking about.

Is their not a difference of barrel thickness between them?

Getting the hells canyon long range in 300win mag in the next few months,on order.Hopefully be set up by spring.Looking forward to stretching the legs pass the 308.
    Tahr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Getting the hells canyon long range in 300win mag in the next few months,on order.Hopefully be set up by spring.Looking forward to stretching the legs pass the 308.
    If you shoot it as well as you have your 308's you will do very well with it. Have you stuck to the Bushnel ballistic 'scope over the years? Cheers, BC

Hi BC -Bushnel ballistic scope was a good wee scope till it got ran over.Had a Burris eliminator and now got a wee ziess on the 308.Deadly little scope with a fine retical on it.Shot 10 yearlings thru the ziess this summer.Looking at a Burris tactical (moa) 5 x 25x 56 on the 300win mag.Get the stock bedded,20 moa rail,suppresser,bi pod and a good range finder.I live in a good part of the country where I can use such a rifle a lot with out up setting the neighbours.Might visit a few shooting ranges around the country,see what everybody else is up too.Including the one on the other side of Fairlie.A retirement hobby I call it.
    Doesn't time fly.
    Tahr likes this.

Iv got a hells canyon in 7mm rm , its quite a soft shooter , pretty accurate , really light , im not a huge fan of the short browning stocks ,trigger is much better with a mcarbo spring in it.
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

Had the 7mm in my hands today in Timaru FnH shop.Nice light rifle, so easy to pick up and shoot with I reckn.

Thought about the 28 Nosler, pretty sure they're available now. Barrels are cheap