Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By silentscope
  • 1 Post By 25/08IMP
  • 4 Post By Tahr

Thread: browning xbolt stainless stalker reveiw

browning xbolt stainless stalker reveiw

hey there what does everyone review the browning x bolt stainless stalker and can you do things such as top load the magazine half cock it etc and weather it is worth the money.
    cheers

iv got a couple of xbolts, personally i like them. you cant top load the mags while theyre in the rifle still but theyre not exactly hard to pull out and reload, you can also chamber load a round if you manage to empty the magazine. the half cock is really good they lock in so the bolt wont fall open and out, you can put the saftey on while halfcock also for extra safety. my first stainless x blot iv owned for 10+ years its my old faithful we have climbed many mountains swam many rivers and shot many animals together and theres still alot of life left to live with it. the durastock is kind of worse for ware now sticky but i will strip that off next time it bothers me.
    hope this helps your decision.
    Micky Duck likes this.

I've had one and passed it on to my son it's 7-08 he also has a .223 they are an awesome rifle the stock fit is very good although I find LOP too short for me but I'm 6.5 with long arms and big hands.
    The safety is great half cock ok and trigger needs a replacement spring which he has done. They feel solid but not too heavy, and shoot very well.
    Although he is selling his as he is changed cal.
    So if you are keen on one flick me a PM.
    The stocks do become very sticky and go green when wet so I stripped it off and had it hydro dipped.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk
    silentscope likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 25/08IMP View Post
    The stocks do become very sticky and go green when wet so I stripped it off and had it hydro dipped.
    is there a way to stop it from going green or becoming sticky as i am not to much of a fan of hydro dipping

keep it dry.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewhall2912 View Post
    is there a way to stop it from going green or becoming sticky as i am not to much of a fan of hydro dipping
    Nope it happens with age and use

@silentscope
    does that mean just wiping it dry if you get caught in the rain or just not using it when there is a lot of moisture in the air full stop

As mentioned they are overall pretty good. The bolt and safety operation is nice. I too found the stock LOP maybe a little short being a taller guy and the trigger as also mentioned is easily it’s biggest flaw. Wish I had known about the alternate spring when I had mine.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewhall2912 View Post
    @silentscope
    does that mean just wiping it dry if you get caught in the rain or just not using it when there is a lot of moisture in the air full stop
    dry it off and oil it after you use it kind of thing. mine has had a hard life and has only just started to loose its coating in the last year or so. i did live on the west coast for a time as well so you can imagine each hunting trip it was quite wet.

sneakywaza I got
    I've had one and passed it on to my son it's 7-08 he also has a .223 they are an awesome rifle the stock fit is very good although I find LOP too short for me but I'm 6.5 with long arms and big hands.
    The safety is great half cock ok and trigger needs a replacement spring which he has done. They feel solid but not too heavy, and shoot very well.
    Although he is selling his as he is changed cal.
    So if you are keen on one flick me a PM.

Where did you get the spring from?, have learned to shoot the trigger as is but would be nice to better it, was going to get one from over the ditch.

Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    Where did you get the spring from?, have learned to shoot the trigger as is but would be nice to better it, was going to get one from over the ditch.
    I think it's a yo Dave one I can't remember where he got it probably on line from USA

I think it's a yo Dave one I can't remember where he got it probably on line from USA

Mark bridge man at custom cartridges in taupo did an excellent job on my x bolt trigger when I had my 308

Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    I got one from these people. They just posted it direct.

https://www.mcarbo.com/browning-x-bo...pring-kit.aspx

X Bolt before that I used a cut biro spring. Cost a few biros but I got it right in the end.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi