Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: BSA sportsman 15 22lr

  1. #1
    Member skyflyhigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    south otago
    Posts
    82

    BSA sportsman 15 22lr

    Gidday ,

    just wondering on the off chance if anyone has a bolt for one of these old girls or no where i could possibly find one , have heard the sportsman 5 shares the same bolt also
    If anyone has one or could point me in the right direction to find one would be much appreciated

    Cheers

  2. #2
    P38
    P38 is offline
    Member P38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hastings
    Posts
    5,717
    Mate they are like finding fresh purple unicorn rocking horse shit.

    I've been looking of one myself for a BSA single shot for at least 5years now.

    But I wish you luck in your quest.

    Cheers
    Pete
    Arguing with an Engineer is like Wrestling a Pig in Mud.

    After awhile you realise the Pig loves it.

  3. #3
    GSP Mad Munsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    5,225
    Quote Originally Posted by P38 View Post
    Mate they are like finding fresh purple unicorn rocking horse shit.

    I've been looking of one myself for a BSA single shot for at least 5years now.

    But I wish you luck in your quest.

    Cheers
    Pete
    PM sent
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  4. #4
    Member northdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    north auckland area
    Posts
    6,036
    I'd recon a sportsman 10 bolt would be the same as well

  5. #5
    Member skyflyhigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    south otago
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by P38 View Post
    Mate they are like finding fresh purple unicorn rocking horse shit.

    I've been looking of one myself for a BSA single shot for at least 5years now.

    But I wish you luck in your quest.

    Cheers
    Pete
    Haha thought they would be like hens teeth cheers tho mate

  6. #6
    Member skyflyhigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    south otago
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    I'd recon a sportsman 10 bolt would be the same as well
    Yea probably were there mag or tube fed ? The 15s tube and the 5 is mag but have heard the bolts are the same .
    Cheers

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    289
    Check the Buy/Sell section - there was a full rifle for sale a while back for not too much!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    helensville nz
    Posts
    2,420
    could buy my rifle and have the one bolt for two guns even the best condition sportsman 15 is only worth around 200-250 so a bolt might not be worth the hassle
    can have mine for a hundi plus p&p though

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Central Otago
    Posts
    873
    Quote Originally Posted by skyflyhigh View Post
    Gidday ,

    just wondering on the off chance if anyone has a bolt for one of these old girls or no where i could possibly find one , have heard the sportsman 5 shares the same bolt also
    If anyone has one or could point me in the right direction to find one would be much appreciated

    Cheers
    The Sportsman 15 bolt is different from the Sportsman 5. The 15 has a groove cut across the underside of the bolt to activate the cartridge lifter. A 5 could be modified but would not feed without the modification (which has to be in the right place!). Either bolt is hard to find these days as they haven't been made for over 50 years (and foolish people keep storing their rifles with the bolts removed!).
    P38, john m, northdude and 1 others like this.

  10. #10
    GSP Mad Munsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    5,225
    Quote Originally Posted by gundoc View Post
    The Sportsman 15 bolt is different from the Sportsman 5. The 15 has a groove cut across the underside of the bolt to activate the cartridge lifter. A 5 could be modified but would not feed without the modification (which has to be in the right place!). Either bolt is hard to find these days as they haven't been made for over 50 years (and foolish people keep storing their rifles with the bolts removed!).


    Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  11. #11
    GSP Mad Munsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    5,225


    Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  12. #12
    Member skyflyhigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    south otago
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo-6mmrem View Post
    could buy my rifle and have the one bolt for two guns even the best condition sportsman 15 is only worth around 200-250 so a bolt might not be worth the hassle
    can have mine for a hundi plus p&p though
    Cheers mate will keep in mind may have a bolt lined up

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Member skyflyhigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    south otago
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by gundoc View Post
    The Sportsman 15 bolt is different from the Sportsman 5. The 15 has a groove cut across the underside of the bolt to activate the cartridge lifter. A 5 could be modified but would not feed without the modification (which has to be in the right place!). Either bolt is hard to find these days as they haven't been made for over 50 years (and foolish people keep storing their rifles with the bolts removed!).
    Haha yes i agree , cheers for the info

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Member skyflyhigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    south otago
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post


    Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk
    Quite a bit of difference, so the rh bolt is a 15 bolt ? Cheers

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Central Otago
    Posts
    873
    Quote Originally Posted by skyflyhigh View Post
    Quite a bit of difference, so the rh bolt is a 15 bolt ? Cheers

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Correct.
    Munsey likes this.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Remington 11-87 Sportsman and Remington 870
    By swellacott in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-01-2017, 10:47 PM
  2. WTB: .22lr $3-400
    By Gibo in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-08-2016, 11:01 AM
  3. FS: 20 Gauge Remington 11/87 Sportsman.
    By tetawa in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-05-2016, 05:00 PM
  4. BSA Sportsman 10
    By BobGibson in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23-01-2016, 09:20 PM
  5. 22LR CMMG kit to dedicated 22LR barrel adapter, anywhere selling them in NZ?
    By steven in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22-05-2015, 09:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!