Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bugger!

Bugger!

I've been smooching around a few shops looking for a better 223 than the flexy plastic stocked Zastava and haven't been too fussed with what I've seen. Headed to the range today with Mudgripz to re-sight in the 243 after spinning one of the turrets on a hunt earlier in the year, and took the 223 Zastava to have a play with too. Well I had three lots ammo to test out, Winchester FMJ that I pulled the projectiles and replaced with Speer Varmint, The same but with Hornady w/c and some Hornady Training Ammo. The Speer swapped was a bit over the inch, the Hornady swapped was a bit under the inch and the Hornady Training was just nuts. Only three shot groups but they give me an idea of where it's pointing.

Now O don't know what to do.

So what you are really saying is that you had 9 total misses...I would suggest that you paint the bullseyes on after shooting or use velcro dots.
    Matt2308 likes this.

I don't mind missing the dots really, it just means I can reuse them. I DO squeak when I walk. But how do I justify NEEDING something better. From what I gather this particular piece of junk has passed through a lot of hands because it wont shoot, getting cheaper and cheaper, till it was cheap enough for this tight arse to buy it. I only wanted a cheapo that would be good on the odd pig to 50m while rabbit hunting with the 22lr. I was now wanting something that would be good for wallabies and maybe the odd fellow too so was looking for something better than this thing that on a good day, if you are lucky will do 1.5" but most ammo more like 4".

That Hornady training ammo is seriously under rated stuff. Looks like you really don't need to change the Zastava, just go buy a whole of ammo and head out to the hills.

The training ammo went alright?
    Try and stiffen the flexy stock/bed it or replace it all together, its a cheapy so nothing to lose.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Looks a keeper GM, Looks like it will be worth me swaping my FMJ pills over for some hornady ones by the look of that, cheers
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlad View Post
    Looks a keeper GM, Looks like it will be worth me swaping my FMJ pills over for some hornady ones by the look of that, cheers
    Yes! Both of the shots that weren't touching with the Hornady pills were my fault, I knew before looking at the targets. I bought the FMJ at the time as it worked out cheaper than new unprimed Winchester brass.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    The training ammo went alright?
    Try and stiffen the flexy stock/bed it or replace it all together, its a cheapy so nothing to lose.
    I do have an un-inletted Boyds stock I intended to put under it. Will be a fair bit of work to put it together, but I now think it will be worthwhile. And then I need to learn how to shoot. Haven't had a license that long and don't get to a range much, self taught so far. Would like to know how it would be with a good scope and someone who actually knows how to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    That Hornady training ammo is seriously under rated stuff. Looks like you really don't need to change the Zastava, just go buy a whole of ammo and head out to the hills.
    But I WANT to NEED to change.
    Last edited by jakewire; 14-09-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    You really don't want to now how much money that thought has cost me over the last 30 years.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Sorry about the edit bit in your post, somehow I ended up actually in your post when I though I was simply answering it.

Sure. Easy.

Shoot standing at 200m

That would be very handy at times, a pain when the grass is waist high and there is no other option.

I think that now I have something that is accurate to shoot I'll simply have to learn how to shoot accurately.

That would be very handy at times, a pain when the grass is waist high and there is no other option.

I think that now I have something that is accurate to shoot I'll simply have to learn how to shoot accurately.
    A perfect solution gadgeman

Still grinning too as it's the first time I've been under the magic 1" at 100m.