Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Burris C4

Burris C4

Has anyone got one, used one or even touch one yet?

I have a couple of different Burris FF2's and really like them for hold over to 800yards, the C4 has low turrets and wind-age reticule.

looks alot like the Tac 30 I have, the dial and clicks on mine are real nice, Id love to have a allen key small enough to reset the turret but the first owner lost or didnt include that when I baught it

I quite like the burris scopes, havent tested mine for repeatability but it seems to hold zero mint
    I like the fact that it has relitivly short turrets, not real short, that have a screw over cover.

If leupold offered that Id be stoaked

Leupold need to get their act together and offer the CDS on the windage turret too!
    I really like mine but being able to dial for windage would be a BIG plus!

L.R
    Quote Originally Posted by Uplandstalker View Post
    Has anyone got one, used one or even touch one yet?

I have a couple of different Burris FF2's and really like them for hold over to 800yards, the C4 has low turrets and wind-age reticule.
    Fuck! Hold over to 800 yards!
    199p, Savage1, 338 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by L.R View Post
    Fuck! Hold over to 800 yards!
    Yes, 270WSM doing near 3100fps. 16MOA the Balistic Plex lowest mark is 11MOA, using the difference from the one prior (7MOA), hold just over the extra.

First shot on a nice rock last saturday at 767yards was a good hit!

L.R
    I think what you mean is guessing holdover to 800 yards. You cannot be accurate using the method you have described.

The 4.5-14x42 1" is going for US$350 at the moment, I'm travelling in a couple of weeks and I haven't seen anyone in NZ with them in stock, so.................I might just have to pick one over there. It is offered in a 30mm tube too, giving 66MOA adjustment range.

I imagine they would run about NZ$800 here based on previous Burris products (the FF E1)

I think what you mean is guessing holdover to 800 yards. You cannot be accurate using the method you have described.
    You are right to some extent, I'm only guessing 5MOA, not 16 and it's an informed guess based of what is visible throught the reticle and from the balistic data.

at 650 yards, holding the 11MOA line is spot on. I'm using Shooter the calculate the adjustment.

Took a nice stag in Breaksea Sound in June, from a boat at 582yards(9.2MOA) using this method. It works!

L.R
    Sound reckless to me, especially shooting game and to then add in you were in a boat. If you ask me you have been lucky.

R93
    Nearly a 600 yrd shot from a boat, at an animal? Thats a bit beyond any respect for that animal.
    ebf likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

only 3 hours to turn an optics question to ethics - this must be some form of record on the forum?

600yards is the limit for me on game, even with conditions being ideal. Lots of practise too makes a difference as you all know. Sorry I don't use a $2,500 scope or a $800 heavy BR barrel on a $800 composite stock, just a factory standard Rem700.

I'm sure plently of other(most) have done worst at lesser distances, including wouding deer, ducks, rabbits, magpies etc and not even recovering them.

Lets move back to Burris C4 Scope, good looking bit of kit for the money!

L.R
    You say 600 yards is your limit in ideal conditions, is shooting from a boat using holdover @ 582yds ideal conditions is it? I'm not trying to start a ethics debate mate but what you are saying you are doing is pretty stupid and bordering on unbelievable.

For me to make a first shot hit on a deer vital size target at 800 yards requires everything being bang even with the best of equipment.

You say 600 yards is your limit in ideal conditions, is shooting from a boat using holdover @ 582yds ideal conditions is it? I'm not trying to start a ethics debate mate but what you are saying you are doing is pretty stupid and bordering on unbelievable.

For me to make a first shot hit on a deer vital size target at 800 yards requires everything being bang even with the best of equipment.
    On that day, the conditions were ideal regardless if you think being on a boat has an effect. I haven't mention the water condition, size of the "boat", the accuracy of the load and rifle or the bullet selection.

Holdover with Mildot, balistic or other similar reticles is NOT less accurate than dialing the adjustment, however, I agree they do have some restrictions. It's comes down to alot time in field-shooting conditions and understanding what is going on and what factor effect the shot.

Not a bad review here: Real Guns - The Burris C4 Wind MOA

So after looking at many hunting scopes I decided in the C4 by Burris.

The Leupold CDS doesn't offer any solution for Windage(at a low price)
    The Vortex HS LR is just a little big for me

So I mounted it and an Anti-Cant ring on the 270WSM, sighted in and then when out and check it on steel targets between 200 and 800 yards just to check repeatability on the turret . I few minor adjustments and then onto a a few hares. The results are here:

Shooting Hares - New Zealand - YouTube