Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By northdude
  • 7 Post By BRADS
  • 1 Post By Ryan_Songhurst

Thread: Burris eliminator

Burris eliminator

I've got a mate looking at one of the new ones, he is just after any real world feedback or reviews from someone that has used one.
    Cheers

northdude
    he should buy it for me and ill do a report and let him know if its worth him getting one as well
    Blisters likes this.

Bit of a gimmick I reckon, havnt had a play with one but had a mate that had one and he reckoned sometimes it wouldnt get a reading and was thus useless as tits on a bull, ended up selling it and buying a dial up setup

Quote Originally Posted by robh500 View Post
    I've got a mate looking at one of the new ones, he is just after any real world feedback or reviews from someone that has used one.
    Cheers
    It really is cheating - makes shooting long range easy. The computer is easy to set up, but one drawback is only being able to use your chosen load - rather than having different loads for different applications (or change the load details in the computer). Very pricey and you can get a much better quality scope for less money IMO.
    They are bloody heavy, big and bulky, and it looks like you have a submarine attached to the top of your rifle.
    I personally found the reticle and wind markings (Eliminator 3) picked up the sun a little bit too much making the view through the scope unclear on occasions (read sh1tty glare).
    I'm not sure what sort of knock they would take - was fortunate not to have any significant falls when I had mine, but have seen some decent scrapes & bumps on second hand examples.
    All things considered, if your mate wants one, he will get one: but I wouldn't be surprised if he went back to a regular dial up scope if he does any bush stalking or is rough on gear.

Ejected
    A mate has one and I found the optics to be quite dim.

My neighbour has one and loves it
    he is fucking close to 80 odd and still hunts. He hunts from a side by side so little walking.

He uses a t3 remmag with laminate stock and its a very heavy set up but works for him and he has shot out to 450y give or take so far.

Looks like vx1 glass to me but was the best he has looked through.

To quote @Toby it's like having a submarine on your rifle.
    I have guided a few people with them looked few a through to get there guns on animals and the glass is fucking atrocious at hunting times.
    Your mate would better with anything else.
    There's some real world feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    7mmsaum, Blaser, GWH and 4 others like this.

Thanks guys, I have hopefully talked him out of it, I told him he was better off with a NSX or Mark 4, anybody got one of either laying around for sale?
    Cheers

Hunted with a guy who had one, yeah a sub on a rifle, lighter than I expected though. Wouldnt range in light drizzle or mist, had to rely on my hand held for him to shoot. Avoid.

1) learn the ballistics of your rifle and how to dial. 2) buy equivalent scope for the same money as a eliminater.

I'd hate to see one in 10 Years pertaining to how well it didn't or did hold up

I cringe when I watch videos by the Clarke Boys, great bunch of young fellas, but when I see them using that eliminator to shoot everything I have to wonder what they are really learning about marksmanship
    Blaser likes this.