Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Mooseman
  • 3 Post By kiwijames
  • 2 Post By SikaHuntaa

Thread: Burris Eliminator 3 Issues

Burris Eliminator 3 Issues

Hey team,

Just before lockdown I purchased a Sako A7 Roughtech Pro 7mmRM with a Burris Eliminator 3 4-16x50 and had it set up by H&F Ashburton, recently got a nice GunWorks suppressor and Backlanz bipod placed on it and sighted it in, real tight 4 shot group at 100m (all touching to the right of the bullseye) last week I took it out for the first time to check zero before a trip and she is shooting all over the target wildly at 100m, anyone have the same issue? What happened to you and how did it get corrected?

Cheers

Caretaker
    Try shoot a group with another scope fitted

Then refit the Burris and shoot again

Quickest way to determine where to spend your efforts
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

New a guy who had a few, seemed they were always going back for fixing. Better off with a dial up type scope I think.
    7mmsaum and Tim Dicko like this.

Good for 500yds or so on the flat.As soon as you pointed it up hill,the data didnt match the angle you shooting at.Bitch of a thing would cut out.
    Then it died,so sent it back,got given a new replacement and sold it ASAP.
    Get a day scope mate,you wont waste so much ammo.

Mate has one on a Tikka 7RM for a few years now, works great for him out to 800yds, set up by NZ Hunter with their loads. He had a similar issue, turned out to be a baffle in the suppressor.
    Follow 7mmsaum's advice, then maybe take the suppressor off?
    Cheers

If it has only changed since you have got the suppressor, then that's where i would start.
    Take the suppressor off and put a few shots through it, if it is still shit have a good look at the crown job, if that's not done right then it will throw them all over the place,
    Same thing happened to a mate of mine, had a suppressor fitted by well known gunsmith down this way, went from being a tack driver to something that struggled to stay on an A4 piece of paper, Took a lot of "discussion" with gunsmith before he would re-do the crown, problem went away after second attempt, also remember that he has taken the barrel out of the stock so make sure it is also seated properly when it was refitted.
    hunty
    6.5x55AI

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Throw it in the bin. Submarines belong in the ocean, not on rifles.
    Nickoli, Micky Duck and T.FOYE like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

double check ALL the screws INCLUDING scope bases.....as has been said,rifle has been apart so something might be not quite tight...had two lots of scope bases work loose and strangly enough both had been in for supressor fitting (only just twigged to that doah) nearly drove me nuts trying to figure it out.

Thanks for the responses guys, I'm taking it round to a good mate of mine to check out screws etc, then failing that will try without suppressor, but thinking at the end of the day will get rid of it and go with a VX5.

Cheers
    Trout and Micky Duck like this.