Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Burris Signature HD now in NZ

Burris Signature HD now in NZ

See a few retailers listing these as in stock now. Anyone had a play with one? Look like good bang for buck. Decent glass, zero stop turrets. Forever warranty. Move over vx3?
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

There's quite bit of debate in the US about them being made in China.
    But Athlon (for example) seem pretty good and the Chinese can make some pretty good technical stuff. They landed a thing on the dark side of the moon and the Americans haven't been able to do that yet.

I would try one.

I thought about it but a couple things stopped me, the new vx3 30mm tube with zl turrets is dammed impressive I checked them out the other day and compared side by side with the vx5 and the vx3 30mm is a lot brighter than the 25mm version.
    The other thing that stopped me is I found a monarch which also shits all over the 25mm vx3 in brightness and clarity and about 1/4 the price too
    tetawa likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

That said the burris has a big range of different magnification ranges and the price seems pretty good I'd be keen to have a look through one.
    #DANNYCENT

The 30mm tube isn’t meant to make any difference to the optics. If the new 30mm leupold vx3 is brighter it must be the glass or the coating. They sound good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    The 30mm tube isn’t meant to make any difference to the optics. If the new 30mm leupold vx3 is brighter it must be the glass or the coating. They sound good.
    I compared the vx3 4.5-14×40 25mm, 30mm and vx5 3-15×42 side by side all at 12x mag and the 25mm tube vx3 was noticably darker all were brand new.
    Dunno if it's the coatings on the lenses but having owned a vx3 4.5-14×40 and shot plenty of deer using it my one criticism is that it doesn't gather light very well even the 25mm tubed 3.5-10×40 vx3 seem to be brighter and clearer when compared to the 4.5-14×40 @ the same magnification
    #DANNYCENT

Yes the 4.5-14 x40 are dim, have a critical/ unforgiving eyebox.

The 3.5-10x and vx5 3.5-15x are way more user friendly. As is the baby 2.5-8x.

Im also interested in the 30 mm version. Pretty pricey though at approx 1k.
    Shearer and dannyb like this.

I looked at these for my 6.5philmore but decided to go with the new zero lock vx3,
    very impressed so far but have only sighted in and cheeked dope,
    On a cheek with my vx5 in dim light it stood up very well.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Anyone got one yet?

One of my sons bought a 3-15 illuminated a couple of weeks back, it seems to tick most boxes; reticle is suitable for most things, illumination and its control system are good, zero stop system is good, side focus functions as you would expect, optical clarity is very good, field of view at equivalent magnification settings is the same as the VX6's I have. In fading light I compared it with a VX6 3-18x50 HD, VX6 2-12, at the same magnification, and found the performance to be better than the 2-12 and nothing in it against the 3-18x50HD when reading 75 mm high numbers, black on white on a bridge sign at 600 yds. We haven't done a box test with it yet so no feedback there, only negative in my mind versus the Leupolds is that the illumination control knob is stacked on the outside of the side focus control knob so it protrudes further on the otherwise "clean" side of the scope that is usually against your back if you have it slung riding a quad or a horse, But at anything between $1000 and $1200, depending where you buy it, and with the Burris forever warranty it has to be exceptional value, and if you want to pay more because you feel it's too cheap there are plenty of other options.
    Just going to take a look around the next bend...

Compared to a VX3 there's no contest, not in my mind anyway, the Burris is on much higher plane than that.
    Just going to take a look around the next bend...

Quote Originally Posted by 38 South View Post
    Compared to a VX3 there's no contest, not in my mind anyway, the Burris is on much higher plane than that.
    Hell of a review. Anything you didn't like about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    I surmise that the lenses in 30mm tubes have a more gradual spherical contour meaning less refraction / aberration and therefore reflectivity / light loss internally. (Just my thought)
    Moa Hunter likes this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Great info 38 south