Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By superdiver

Thread: Burris Signature HD reports pls

Burris Signature HD reports pls

Fellas

I am considering one of these for my rough and ready Howa .243 Win.

It’s a carry & quad rifle used on goats and deer in rough country, definitely not the kind of hunting that merits a high end optic. Rifle is used as a trekking pole in papa mud half the time. The load I use is pretty much limited to 300m for deer.

The model I am looking at is the 2-10x40 with a ballistic turret which would be handy for some longer range varminting with my alternative V-Max load. This one:

https://broncos.co.nz/optics-and-sig...2-10x40-e3-moa

With a 130 yard zero, my deer hunting load lines up perfectly with the MOA reticle for easy holdovers.

Do any of you chaps have one of these signature range scopes and are you able to comment on glass clarity and dialling precision?

Remember that this is not going to be a long-range application, hence I do not need the parallax adjustment (nor do I want one for the kind of suddenly-all-on snap shooting that this rifle is regularly used for).
    Just...say...the...word

I've got a 3x15 burris signature it replaced a vx5 of same mag, really good value,

Had the 2-10. Would definitely recommend. Clearer glass and better dials that a vx3i
    davhope likes this.

Can't fault my 3-15. Tracks well. Glass is good - Vx5-ish from my experience.
    Mine is on my "loaner" 7-08 and goes through quite a few hands and interesting experiences. Has held up well.

Last year during Lock Down l set up a rifle a mate brought for his son with one & got him his first Fallow with it ,l hunted with it for 3 weeks & took 2 Deer & a pig with it,while l worked out loads for it . I put them above a Vx3 & just off a Vx5 in the field looking at actual animals in varying light from dawn to dusk with the Loopies side by side .I have always liked scopes in the 2x10 range as a all rounder Kiwi Bush Buster & have 3 around the same on my own guns for years.

Did my standard 100mtr box text of 10clicks up/right /down/ left & back to start , firing a shot at each plus a rap with the rubber handle of screwdriver ,performed well . The turret feel/clicks were OK the Lat was noticeably spongier than the Vert, shot it out to 650mtrs with no problems . They now have a lifetime warranty & are supposed to be pretty good to deal with so l would not hesitate getting one for the money ,l put one of the blokes here on to a bargain S/H for his Bush Pig build a few months back.
    Last edited by bunji; 04-12-2021 at 06:27 PM.
    "Fair Winds and Following Seas" - Capt Ron You Glorious Bastard.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. " President Ronald Reagan