Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Bushnell ar optics

Bushnell ar optics

Howdy
    This range of scopes look pretty good for an AR.Anybody got a review on them?
    MARK

Had a 1-4x24mm one on my AR. Nice and clear, but the BDC reticule's crosshair was a little bit thick IMO. Always seemed to need slight adjustment every time it came out of the safe, but I couldn't track it down. Went down to the CNIGC rapid fire champs last year, got four stages in and POI disappeared, took the rest of the event to sort it out. Few months later, pull it out of the safe for a play around and the windage adjustment assembly starts unwinding from the scope body, both adjustment knobs are loose. Sent it back and got a new one back, no questions asked within two weeks.

They're ok, good for the money you pay. Heavy though, I only had one for a few months before selling it. Dialed well and was repeatable.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Got one on the tikka atm, not bad but hasnt had much usee

I got one on the AR I just bought. I haven't taken a shot through it yet and probably won't since I just bought a Leupold for it. I think mines a 4-14 but will check tonight. Focus ring is a bit stiff and it's quite heavy but it pulls light in quite well.

Have found the mag ring is pretty stiff, it may loosen up but doubt it as it was 2Nd hand from someone on here

I have the 4.5x18 308DZ version. I have been very surprised with it's performance. The only downside is that it is a little dark at it's highest magnification so i have it dialed down to 15x. The glass is clear, it's not VX-1 but it is certainly value for money. THE BEST thing about this scope is the guy who imports them. Apparently one gun shop had a couple returned out of the huge number they sold, and the importer just outright swapped them, quickly no questions asked. Hope that helps.

It's great that service like that still exists. It's always really appreciated.

Little baikal 223 I picked up off @gadgetman. Decided to put a Bushnell AR optics 2-7 on it today I had laying around and went and played on the gongs.

Was running out of adjustment at 450yds but a bit of redbull can soon fixed that and I had a couple more MOA to play with haha

veitnamcam and gadgetman like this.

Shimming a scope? Never seen that before! No negative affect at the other end?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
    Shimming a scope? Never seen that before! No negative affect at the other end?
    dunno, it worked, its just a rifle for use on the farm so it wont be left set up like this, I just had a couple hours up my sleeve and really wanted to hit that 480yd gong with it!

Got one on my ar yet to shoot it so far but looked good for the money payed

Put a hard plastic shim under a scope that was a touch to low and rubbing on the fully suppesed barrel, didnt seem to have any problems

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Little baikal 223 I picked up off @gadgetman. Decided to put a Bushnell AR optics 2-7 on it today I had laying around and went and played on the gongs.

Was running out of adjustment at 450yds but a bit of redbull can soon fixed that and I had a couple more MOA to play with haha

I was getting about 1 MOA out of the rifle with pretty much any ammo. No too bad considering the trigger. Thought you were after a 15m yard rifle?
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I loved my 4.5-18 with BDC, I never missed a gong or deer with that scope. BDC was exact for my AR and American Eagle 55gr. Miss it, may buy another