Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Bushnell Forge scopes

Who out there is using one ? pro's /con's ,thoughts and how they compare to other brands with similar specs . Thinking about getting one but local h/f does not carry any in stock and the more i can find out about them the better before i take the leap . Thanks Wayno .

dont know much about the scope you are asking for ,but its worth looking at these zer0 tech scopes made in aussie with life time warrant ,any problems with them its not far to post, take a look at the video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ5AxM9Cypo

Made in Aussie?

Sounds interesting but they seem to cheap to be true , I did note that the high end one has the same adjustment system as bushnell which is like the old Weaver superslam .

There is a review here

https://www.petersenshunting.com/edi...-optics/272051

I have the Bushnell Engage 4-16 x44 which is the basic version of those mid - high range Bushnell scopes.. Clear glass, solidly made and the turrets have nice clear clicks and lock down once you have finished adjusting. The Forge would of course be even better.

I haven't actually used it as it was purchased for a build I have since abandoned for another project but it seems very well made, and definitely a big step up from the Bushnell Trophy I used to own, though a step down from the Bushnell Elite my friend owns. For an exposed lockable turret scope I think they are good value for money.

I have owned the Bushnell Forge 3-18 x50 SFP for about six months. For the price I think it is fantastic value. The glass is nice and clear. It feels super solid. The turrets dial nicely and are locking. The zero stop was super easy to set and works perfectly. I have only used it at two long range shoots but it dialed consistently and had no trouble hitting anything out to 1200M. Still a total amateur with long range shooting but hope to push it a lot further this year.

Thanks guys ,hthomas how did find the reticle at lower light conditions ?

Quote Originally Posted by pope2506 View Post
    dont know much about the scope you are asking for ,but its worth looking at these zer0 tech scopes made in aussie with life time warrant ,any problems with them its not far to post, take a look at the video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ5AxM9Cypo
    You took the bait, eh mate.
    Just...say...the...word

Naracoorte South Australia/From South Canterbury
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Made in Aussie?
    not made in Aussie

No i didnt bite ,i got the Bushnell . Does make wonder though at those prices though ? how they can do so cheap and are they any good ? . Also makes me wonder are we paying to much for scopes ?

Not you @wayno, the other fella, the Pope.

I would let some time go by and then start researching the Zero Tech scopes, see what's being said about them on the forums. The website is flash and they can say whatever they like on YouTube channels, but the proof will be the market response after a year or too.

I've got a supposedly pretty good Chinese scope, a Tac Vector, its fine on my .22LR but I wouldn't trust it on a centrefire. Chinese optics have let too many people down for too long, that's just a fact. The old rule - match the cost of your rifle with the cost of the optics - is a pretty good one. Has seen me right over the years.
    Just...say...the...word

Quote Originally Posted by Tuidog View Post
    not made in Aussie
    No definitely not, that was obvious from the comments in that link