Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Finnwolf

Thread: Bushnell Scopechief issue

Bushnell Scopechief issue

Hi y’all, I have a Bushnell 2.75X x 20 scope on a takedown rifle, it has the magnetic post reticule ie: it has regular cross-hairs but twisting a ring on front of rear lense causes a post to pop up, the top of the post is where the cross-hairs meet. Twist the ring the other way and the post drops out of sight.

Only it’s lately taken to not doing as it’s meant too, at present the post is stuck in the up position, in the past it has frequently been stuck in the down position.

Anybody got any idea how to free up the post?

All I can say is, I owned one of these 50 years ago and thought that they were obsolete then.

Don't send it back to Bushnell. Bushnell gave a watertight guarantee for the Scopechief line. I had a problem with a Scopechief and I sent it back to Bushnell in the States. They could not repair it because they did not have the parts but sent me a new Bushnell Elite scope instead, no charge. but their after-market service seems to have taken a dive more recently. I sent a Bushnell Elite scope back about a year ago, to the Canadian branch of Bushnell (due to the problems with getting stuff in and out of the USA) and they would do nothing at all, not even send it back (it had a dent in the front bell that I wanted pressed out, no parts involved).

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    All I can say is, I owned one of these 50 years ago and thought that they were obsolete then.
    Mine’s only 45 years old so is probably flasher than your 50 year old clunker

In all seriousness it was a good bush scope barring fogging up once and me wrecking the lense coating by using a handful of snow to wipe blood off the lense.

The issue I have doesn’t affect its accuracy etc, more of a minor annoyance.
    tetawa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnwolf View Post
    Mine’s only 45 years old so is probably flasher than your 50 year old clunker

In all seriousness it was a good bush scope barring fogging up once and me wrecking the lense coating by using a handful of snow to wipe blood off the lense.

The issue I have doesn’t affect its accuracy etc, more of a minor annoyance.
    Always liked mine also until it disappeared.