Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Cabelas

Banned

Cabelas

Anyone had any probs with this outfit? im looking at getting some gear thru them because of the exchange rate being reall good

It's an awful store, whatever you want there will be somewhere else better to get it.

Banned
    ok were?? theres a bushnell and rangefinder combo 209.00us=261.00nz 10x42 binos,850 yardage pro rangefinder.

Hi neckshot, The big problem with CABELAS is they will not export to us down here in NZ. if you put your purchase into your shopping basket then check the restrictions that apply they will tell you they won't ship internationally. I have had correspondence with them about this and got a very polite reply saying they don't give a toss about us. Try Natchez or Brownells. They will export to us down here.

Banned
    Thanks mate thats helpfull.

They ship some things to NZ, only certain products/brands are restricted. Definitely worth shopping around before buying though as a lot of things can be found cheaper elsewhere.
    Last edited by GravelBen; 14-10-2012 at 07:47 PM.

I have tried dealing with them .. ended up getting pissed off with them and told them to shove it.
    Just remember if you import something there are allways extra costs that you dont know about untill the last minute , look into it carefully.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Neckshot I have purchased about four pairs of boots in the last ten years from them through the Internet and I have only had good experiences.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Neckshot I have purchased about four pairs of boots in the last ten years from them through the Internet and I have only had good experiences.
    Same Rushy ,check the Bargain cave & Rock bottom deals 1st.
    Use international surface unless need stuff fast but 1 week -10 days normally & why pay double that for Air freight .
    A lot of stuff they don't export since 911.Optics ,knives
    Gun control means using both hands

Banned
    So they wont export binos? im gonna send them an email.How did you get them to send it to you?I heard of guys getting stuff sent to a mates in the states then sent on from there?.

Cabelas

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    So they wont export binos? im gonna send them an email.How did you get them to send it to you?I heard of guys getting stuff sent to a mates in the states then sent on from there?.
    Just try somewhere like optics planet or Graf and sons. Cheaper postage structure and generally cheaper products too
    If my work annoys me, I cull them

OPTIC ZONE ARE THE BEST EVER!!

Really depends what you wanting to bring in, I've brought thousands of $$ of stuff from them over the years (don't show my missus this post!) like clothing, decoys, a layout blind, camo grasses, live bait pumps... but yip, there are items that they will not ship...

Definitely not the cheapest out there that's for sure. There's a bunch to look at , Midway, cheaper than dirt, Natchez etc. Bass pro is also expensive. Find someone who is going over, that's the best way. (Sorry my bags are always full on the return leg...................)
    Machete don't text!
    (.)(.) = :-)))

I have found them the best place to get under armour clothing, Not the cheapest but best stock and way more options. Most other shops dont have the stock and can only part ship my order.