Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By brodster

Thread: Canon image stablised binos

Canon image stablised binos

Has anyone tried these? Come in a few flavours, 8x20, 10x30, 12x36 etc. Looking at a few used examples on ebay, they go for a few hundred each. I don't think they're watertight but I could handle that.
    rs200nz likes this.
    Thanks to the Playstation we have the outdoors to ourselves!

My old man has a pair on his boat and they are incredible.

In saying that, they were even more expensive than my Swaro EL's so the ones you are looking at may not be the same.

Yip I have the Canon 10x42 IS L model. They are amazing.. When you use them though you feel like it is worth the money. I find they are just amazing with the Image stabilising. It lets you focus and actually look through the binoculars instead of bouncing around. They are $1900 at the moment on optics planet. You can also use external filters for the lenses so you don't scratch the factory glass. These use the same glass in Canon's professional camera lenses. Best binoculars I have ever used!

Canon 10x42 L IS WP Waterproof Image Stabilized Vari-Angle Prism Binoculars 0155B002 FREE S&H 0155B002. Canon Binoculars.

OK good to hear. I'm looking at used 10x30 on ebay which run about NZ$300-$500. Thinking that's probably a bit out of my budget right now so also looking at the 8x20 -- or would that be much less useful than a 10x30? The 30 will let in about 55% more light.

Quick update... I borrowed a friend's Canon 12x36 IS last weekend and spotted a deer 1.6km away while barely steadying myself on a bank. Guess what's next on my hunting kit wishlist?