Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By Frodo
  • 5 Post By Gusto
  • 1 Post By Gusto
  • 1 Post By outdoorlad
  • 1 Post By Gusto

Thread: Which carbon factor rifle

Applies Lead Liberally rogers.270's Avatar

Which carbon factor rifle

Hi,

I have seen a fair bit of banter recently on "custom factory rifles".

Keen to know people thoughts on two pretty cool models Im personally trying to talk myself out of investing in.

1) Christensen Ridgeline
    2) Fierce Carbon Fury

pretty hefty in price but light.

Does anyone have experience with either and what are the thoughts on the street?

I do really like the Sako action - the Fury is appealing at this point.

thanks
    Addicted to gun powder

Imitation is the highest form of flattery. If I had a Fierce, I'd probably wish it had Sako Finland written on it. Lol

I A/B'd a Sako Carbonlight and a Fierce Carbon a week ago at Gun City. I liked the feel of the action better on the Fierce (there was a bit less bolt 'slop' compared to the Sako) - but overall, I preferred the Sako. I felt the finish on the stock and metal work was more inline with the price tag (still overpriced though!) - whereas the finish on the Fierce felt somewhat cheap in comparison.

No experience with the Christensen Arms.

If performance is what you're after, you can get it for $1500-$2k - i.e a Bergara, and put the leftover funds towards some killer glass. If you want something extra in the looks/feel department, then it's just subjective. Try them all out and buy what makes you happy. They're all quality guns in that price range.
    Shearer and hotsoup like this.

I’ve got a fierce carbon fury the action is really nice you definitely notice the fine tolerances. I can’t fault it in anyway. To get the same thing in a Sako you’d probably be up for 6-7k I’d be thinking by the time you fitted a carbon wrapped barrel to a carbonlight sako.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If i talk myself round to doing this i would compromise on either glass or rifle.

Cheers for the insite

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Imitation is the highest form of flattery. If I had a Fierce, I'd probably wish it had Sako Finland written on it. Lol

I A/B'd a Sako Carbonlight and a Fierce Carbon a week ago at Gun City. I liked the feel of the action better on the Fierce (there was a bit less bolt 'slop' compared to the Sako) - but overall, I preferred the Sako. I felt the finish on the stock and metal work was more inline with the price tag (still overpriced though!) - whereas the finish on the Fierce felt somewhat cheap in comparison.

No experience with the Christensen Arms.

If performance is what you're after, you can get it for $1500-$2k - i.e a Bergara, and put the leftover funds towards some killer glass. If you want something extra in the looks/feel department, then it's just subjective. Try them all out and buy what makes you happy. They're all quality guns in that price range.
    Addicted to gun powder

I do like that!

I have an 85 with a carbon stock - but is still a little heavy. Id really like a carbon barrel also..... i feel you

Quote Originally Posted by Gusto View Post
    I’ve got a fierce carbon fury the action is really nice you definitely notice the fine tolerances. I can’t fault it in anyway. To get the same thing in a Sako you’d probably be up for 6-7k I’d be thinking by the time you fitted a carbon wrapped barrel to a carbonlight sako.

Addicted to gun powder

Jit
    Crikey.
    Once your down to 2.8kg for a long action with a full length barrel and add a swaro or VX on top that about as good as it gets with significantly affecting accuracy from the sheer lightness of the whole thing.
    I run a carbon light fluted bolt 22in barrel with a match match Andy&bix trigger and VX6. All up it’s about 3.4kg. .3moa if I do my bit. Lighter is hard to get more accurate with a decent calibre.

Of you really want light check out K95 blaser or a carbon stocked tikka lite.

Near to 2.8 scoped.

Quote Originally Posted by Jit View Post
    Crikey.
    Once your down to 2.8kg for a long action with a full length barrel and add a swaro or VX on top that about as good as it gets with significantly affecting accuracy from the sheer lightness of the whole thing.
    I run a carbon light fluted bolt 22in barrel with a match match Andy&bix trigger and VX6. All up it’s about 3.4kg. .3moa if I do my bit. Lighter is hard to get more accurate with a decent calibre.

Of you really want light check out K95 blaser or a carbon stocked tikka lite.

Near to 2.8 scoped.
    I priced a carbon stock and barrel for my Tikka and by the time you do that you could just by a fierce with a lot better action,trigger and magazine. Your right about the carbon light it’s a good value light weight rig well proven but I think you get a slightly better gun in the fierce for same price

rogers.270 likes this.

A Fierce Carbon In 6.5 PRC would be nice.....
    Gusto likes this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Jit
    Quote Originally Posted by Gusto View Post
    I priced a carbon stock and barrel for my Tikka and by the time you do that you could just by a fierce with a lot better action,trigger and magazine. Your right about the carbon light it’s a good value light weight rig well proven but I think you get a slightly better gun in the fierce for same price

How much is a fierce and where can you get them?

Quote Originally Posted by Jit View Post
    How much is a fierce and where can you get them?
    Guncity are the only ones I know that are selling them. Carbon barrel and stock ones are 5500 or the ones with carbon stock and fluted barrels are around 3500-4000 mark I think

dannyb likes this.