Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By keenbloke
  • 1 Post By Sasquatch
  • 1 Post By PeakViewRange
  • 1 Post By bluecod1967

Thread: Citadel Levtac .357

Citadel Levtac .357

Anyone else having fun with these buggers. Couldn't stop smiling after the first few shots working the lever. Geez she needs some finishing though cause she’s tryna cut me as I feed her.

Haven't tried one myself, but have been looking at getting myself a Lever Action Rifle. Have heard the Rossi's/Citadel's have the tenancy to nip the skin off your thumb. Guessing it wont take much to smooth it out.

The Rossi Puma Triple-Black looks like a neat little thing, though from my understanding its made in the exact same line as the Levtac, just with a wood stock & forend instead.
    If I did go for either one of them, I'd have the cerakote redone and get the smithie to work his magic on the side action.

I'd be keen for one of the new Henry Big Boy X's in 38/357 but everyone tells me good luck getting one into NZ...

Have shot a mates one.

It's super cool.
    Just need to wear it in and it'll be even better.

I have thought a 44 mag version as a bush rifle would be sweet as. Very tempting indeed as it was very accurate with the iron sights.

I found mine to be a hunk of junk so it went back to the retailer...

mine works great @Sasquatch you must have got a dud?

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    mine works great @Sasquatch you must have got a dud?
    I did @300CALMAN. My gun was clearly made on a Friday or something. Mag tube was cut too long from the factory so when using a suppressor it failed to square up to the shoulder properly. Scope rail was loose from the get go and couldn't torque properly as screws were stripped... Also the gun had multiple FTF, FTE with factory ammo and it grouped the size of a pineapple @ 25m.

I was glad to see the end of it TBH...

yeah fair enough @Sasquatch you sound like ya had a bad time with it. Shes the first lever i've had a play with so im still like a kid in a candy store and smiling from ear to ear when ever I get it out haha. Once she's broken in proper it'll be even more enjoyable
    Sasquatch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I did @300CALMAN. My gun was clearly made on a Friday or something. Mag tube was cut too long from the factory so when using a suppressor it failed to square up to the shoulder properly. Scope rail was loose from the get go and couldn't torque properly as screws were stripped... Also the gun had multiple FTF, FTE with factory ammo and it grouped the size of a pineapple @ 25m.

I was glad to see the end of it TBH...
    Bloody hell that's definitely a lemon, mine has worked sweet so far. I have fired both factory 357 and 38 reloads without drama. The mag tube is a mm a bit proud but I guess it's not a problem for suppressors with some clearance away from the from the end of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by keenbloke View Post
    yeah fair enough @Sasquatch you sound like ya had a bad time with it. Shes the first lever i've had a play with so im still like a kid in a candy store and smiling from ear to ear when ever I get it out haha. Once she's broken in proper it'll be even more enjoyable
    Glad to hear. I was really looking forward to using mine but ya know when you get a lemon, you just want it gone lol

Anything mass produced can fall short out of the production line unfortunately, especially guns made in Brazil, China & Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    Bloody hell that's definitely a lemon, mine has worked sweet so far. I have fired both factory 357 and 38 reloads without drama. The mag tube is a mm a bit proud but I guess it's not a problem for suppressors with some clearance away from the from the end of the thread.
    Interesting. 1mm is probably an acceptable tolerance, mine was 5mm proud lol I got pissed at the sales staff because they told me I should shoot it with my new DPT suppressor anyway as it probably won't baffle strike...
    Micky Duck likes this.

Mine was the same with the DPT. Apparently the sonic has better clearance.
    My rail also became loose and the old mans fell off as the screws sheared off in the holes. Took it back and the shop swapped out the gun with a new one.
    They are very industrial finish wise and the chambers are pretty loose meaning the brass fire forms pretty badly, old school coke bottles. Cool fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddyundy View Post
    Mine was the same with the DPT. Apparently the sonic has better clearance.
    My rail also became loose and the old mans fell off as the screws sheared off in the holes. Took it back and the shop swapped out the gun with a new one.
    They are very industrial finish wise and the chambers are pretty loose meaning the brass fire forms pretty badly, old school coke bottles. Cool fun though.
    Interesting, must be a tool that's done a few more than a few chambers! Mine spits them out in fairly good nick. I will have to watch the rail though...

I love mine an use it nearly every day. Its a beater though... needs some work with a dremel to tidy up the feeding, mag tube screw is fucked so I cant disassemble easily. got around the suppressor issue using an old muzzle brake tuning washer.
    overall with a sig romeo4 and subsonics its a bloody fun rig
    300CALMAN likes this.

i bought on in 357 it woudnt feed well shot great but in no way would it feed well untill i spoke to a forum member who knows rossi leverguns well so i shimmed the feed guides with a piece of aluminium drink can and reduced the mag spring tention works a treat now
    Micky Duck likes this.