Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gimp

Thread: Computer based long range rig

Ejected

Computer based long range rig

"My photographer, Steve, squints through a computerized scope squatting atop a big hunting rifle. We're outdoors at a range just north of Austin, Texas, and the wind is blowing like crazy—enough so that we're having to dial in more and more wind adjustment on the rifle's computer. The spotter and I monitor Steve's sight through an iPad linked to the rifle via Wi-Fi, and we can see exactly what he's seeing through the scope. Steve lines up on his target downrange—a gently swinging metal plate with a fluorescent orange circle painted at its center—and depresses a button to illuminate it with the rifle's laser.

"Good tag?" he asks, softly.

"Good tag," replies the spotter, watching on the iPad. He leaves the device in my hands and looks through a conventional high-powered spotting scope at the target Steve has selected. The wind stops momentarily. "Send it," he calls out.

Steve pulls the trigger, but nothing immediately happens. On the iPad's screen, his reticle shifts from blue to red and drifts toward the marked target. Even though I'm expecting it, the rifle's report is startling when it fires.

A second later, the spotter calls out, "That's a hit!""..........

From
    Bullseye from 1,000 yards: Shooting the $17,000 Linux-powered rifle | Ars Technica

Be great for Sika and Whitetail
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

looks more like the hud of a jet fighter lol

had a play with one at the shot show , alot of money ($22k) for a package that only works to 1200yds and nothing you cant do with a good gun/scope ballistic program , and you had to use thier ammo .

That is one wicked machine

Ejected
    And in 3-5 years when the price is far more realistic as well as the calibres I'll have one for rabbiting Looseunit.

I bet you do not have anything based on this inside 5 years. I will put actual money on that.
    Spanners likes this.