Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conetrol rings

Conetrol rings

Long story/short.Bloody good rings and excellent service.
    I replaced my heavy Opticlocs with some Conetrol rings on my Tikka 595 years ago but when I went from 40mm objective to 50mm they were too low.I liked the rings so much that I was tempted to go back to the smaller scope or worse grind some off my barrel.
    I tried many emails and racked up some toll calls talking to an answer phone in the states trying to order higher Conetrols but got no reply so in the end fitted some Warnes instead,ugly but effective.
    One year later I get an email from Don at Conetrol explaining that his Father had recently passed away and that near the end of his life he had not been able to keep his business going and would I still like to complete my order as they still had stock but from July they would begin to manufacture again and unfortunately they would have to increase their prices.
    So for $85US with free postage I got the rings I had been lusting after.Fitted perfectly about 1mm clearance.
    Don was very friendly and helpful and I can't recommend Conetrol highly enough.Their system is unique and worth a look.Any one want some Warnes????

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    Name:  20160618_081104.jpg
Views: 873
Size:  256.6 KB
    Name:  20160618_081117.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  919.4 KB

Yeah love mine too.
    A couple of pics for those that don't know what they are.

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

Caretaker
    Nice
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Im a long time fan of conetrol, dont own any at present but are looking to order some shortly. Having been watching their wbsite for quite sometime now. Great to see their website up dated, as prior to this it was incredibely outdated, also good to see the original owners family taking over the business..

I had Conetrol's on my Sako's ( prior to going Blaser for all my rifles ) and never ever had an issue with them.
    Richard Wilhelm in CHCH used to have them in stock or got them in if you wanted them.
    They are a truly awesome mount compared to most around now.
    Especially when you consider that they are totally unchanged in the last 35 years that I have known them.
    Don's father must have been a pretty smart guy to have got them so good that they never needed to be improved in all those years.
    I just hope they can keep it going and do not farm out the manufacture to someone somewhere who has no idea what the things they are making are even being used for !!!!

I have quite a few sets on my rifles, including Sakos, Mausers and BSAs. Have even got lots of bases and a couple of sets of rings spare. Love them.