Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

CZ 452 or CZ 455 ?

Hi guys,

Been looking around to get a bolt action 22 LR.

I can get a second hand CZ452 American with scope rings in as new condition for $800.
    Or get a brand new CZ455 for a about a grand without rings.

Is there much improvement in the 455 compared to the 452?

Will be using it for rabbits, possums, turkeys, and the occasional goat.

Also is a scope with an adjustable objective necessary for this purpose?

What suppressor do you guys recommend?

Appreciate any advice. Thanks

Take a look here. I just did a Google and there seem to be a number of articles.

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=32042.0

As for suppressor, generally any 22 suppressor will do.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Willus; 26-12-2018 at 02:05 PM.

Occasional goat.... With a 22lr... It is possible but not recommended. The 455 gives you the option of swapping barrels (22lr, 17hmr and 22mag) out at a later date. I have a 455 and only ever end up using the 17 barrel

MB
    From what I've read, the 452 is the "better" gun. Whether this translates from internet experts to the real world, I don't know. I have a 452 and pretty happy with it. I don't like second hand guns, so would probably go with the 455 given your options. Bear in mind that the 455 itself is about to be superseded by a newer model though.

As for the scope, I would want an AO or the parallax set to 50 metres.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

I bought my 452 second hand for $660 as pictured and it's great. Only bad thing I'd have to say is the factory trigger was pretty shit but I got a "yo-dave" kit in from Canada for ~$35 and now it's mint.
    However if I was going to spend $1000 on a bare rifle I would be looking at spending a little more and getting a Tikka or Lithgow or Anschutz. Just my 2cents...

Pic was taken today while testing the Fiocchi vs CCI subs.
    Name:  Image 01.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  461.5 KB

MB
    Quote Originally Posted by suthy View Post
    I bought my 452 second hand for $660 as pictured and it's great. Only bad thing I'd have to say is the factory trigger was pretty shit but I got a "yo-dave" kit in from Canada for ~$35 and now it's mint.
    I forgot about the trigger. I got the Yo-Dave kit too. After first installing it and performing the "bump" test at least 100 times, I had an accidental discharge when taking the safety off. I changed the shim out and no problem since, but remain cautious.

That barrel looks so long! I had mine chopped to 15 inches.

@MightyBoosh Lol yeah she's still threaded from factory so full length barrel - the suppressor makes it look even worse!!

I've not had that problem with my trigger yet but by memory I went with the one up for safety as the first one only just engaged.

I love my 455 but have heard the 452s were made a little better, unsure if this is true, it's just what I've read on the "interweb"

I'd probably go with the as new 452 if in your position. Either one will be fine though, it is only a .22 after all.

If you want to do the multi cal thing and switch barrels 455 if you are always just going to keep it a the .22 configuration then a 452.
    Saying that I hear they both shoot well. I like them both and the CZ are good shooters.

I have never used the 452, but have owned 2x 455 in 22lr with dpt 5 baffle suppressors. Both are very accurate and have taken out plenty of possums and rabbits. For a $1000-1100ish you can get the 3 barrel setup. 22lr, 17hmr and 22mag. You can get the 22lr for $700ish new. You will need rings to suit 11mm dovetail.