Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CZ 527

CZ 527

Flicking off my 308 on Trademe and have been offered a nice condition bedded CZ 527 american in .223.

I dont have any idea what they are like or what they are worth, have read reviews etc online. Does anyone have first hand experience with them? I've heard the magazines can be a bitch but they are supposedly very nice rifles.

One can be picked up new from reloaders for 1400, but with tikkas and rem700's so cheap new at the moment im not too sure...

My 300 whisper is based on a 527 works OK.Prolly not what You want to know.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

lovely mini mauser action. More accurate than Remingtons. Won't lose the bolt like a tika.
    External mag - who cares. No plastic!!

A Very nice rifle, I love the set trigger and strong action.. I had one but the trouble was the stock was far too nice to take hunting

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Mine was accurate, I had an early model and for memeory I think the safety worked in the opposite direction than usual,though I wouldn't be 100% on that as it was quite awhile ago, I have a feeling that was adressed at some stage, could be wrong.Someone else may chime in here with correct details.
    My stock was average, I've certainly seen others with better ones so luck of the draw there.
    Depending on where you like to carry it the 5 shot magazine could be a nuisance and if you get a flush one there is only three shot's in it, not enough for what I'd use a 223 for.
    I don't mean to be to negative, as it had a lovely little action and I rather wish I still had it.

I had one on a 'hunter' stock configuration bloody nice to shoot off hand. Based off the old Brno Fox model. I have similar one on the go, converting the bottom metal to internal magazine with a nicer trigger guard and flush bottom to address the problems Jakewire mentions.
    The safety is backwards to people used to American made guns, but you will get used to it

Cheers for the feedback guys, think ill go with it, can't wait to take it to the range.

Pointer where are you getting the parts from? might be keen to do the same.

[QUOTE
    The safety is backwards to people used to American made guns, but you will get used to it [/QUOTE]

Yer right.because I use the halfcock I hadn't noticed
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Nice guns - was tossing up a Tikka T3 Lite and one of them at the time.
    Brought the Tikka as it had a 'normal' length stock - the CZ was WAY short

thedrunkfish no parts, just a tig welder, belt sander and a selection of files and emery cloth.

The biggest problem I find with the 527 is the ring height to clear the bolt, although the heads-up type of cheek weld is quiet comfortable for some it takes a bit of getting used to. I would love to turn down a bolt handle on one so I can mount a lower height set of rings. But one project at a time

gutted, mine didnt sell....