Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By southernman

Thread: Dialing in the double rifle. 7X57R

Dialing in the double rifle. 7X57R

Ive finally got a bit of time on my hands, and started to develop loads, for the new Barrel set, on my fair double rifle,
    Couple problems with scope mounting, screw's to short, for the rail to mount too the rib, that's because, the they didn't machine the recess in the rib, for the scope rail, like the 9.3x74 barrel set has, Kinda pissy about that, as it affects the use of the Iron sight's. I will drop rifle of to a gunsmith, as I have no faith in the speedy results,Name:  IMG_1794.JPG
Views: 427
Size:  2.61 MB of the Italians and Canada dealer.

Factory sited in with Geco 156 gr, that aren't aviable here, Norma 156 Oryx and RWS 162gr shoot deceit, but very expensive to buy $70 plus shipping.
    Fired a few round at the middle of March, 150 Ballistic tips and 160 gr Partions looking ok, 50M, first round. Decided to try 154gr Interbonds, looking pretty good, at 100m, very cold so limited testing done.
    Got a few loads built to try at higher pressures, but range shut down, might rescope as little 4 power is hiding most of the target center at 100m
    Left barrel shooting quite well, right is a bit more open, now a matter of working out, what works best at 100m, and where barrels cross,
    Light loads don't always arm the ejectors, so its a bit funny opening the action and one round ejecting the other extracting, no problem with RWS, and Norma, PPU 139gr and the 150 Bt, loads playing up.
    Name:  IMG_2158.JPG
Views: 301
Size:  1.63 MB
    Name:  IMG_2160.JPG
Views: 276
Size:  1.25 MB
    gadgetman, R93, Mathias and 3 others like this.

Gotta be happy with regulation like that at 100m, very nice!