Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree22Likes
  • 1 Post By janleroux
  • 1 Post By DavidGunn
  • 2 Post By quentin
  • 1 Post By gonetropo
  • 12 Post By DPT
  • 1 Post By Friwi
  • 2 Post By timattalon

Thread: DIY suppressor anyone

DIY suppressor anyone

Hi all,

Have been toying around with the idea of building my own suppressor for a while (engineer by trade)
    Wondering if anyone else has had a crack at it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Danco View Post
    Hi all,

Have been toying around with the idea of building my own suppressor for a while (engineer by trade)
    Wondering if anyone else has had a crack at it before.
    I have seen some posts on the Taranaki Long Range Shooters Facebook group some posts talking about 3D printed suppressors that Keith Blackie (Palmerston North) did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Danco likes this.
    What you see, is what you get!

An engineering mate has. He copied the suppressor baffle design of an mp5 d. Works really well but a bit heavy

Plastic 1.25 litre bottle taped to end of rifle seems to do the trick....in the movies they put a pillow over the gun.
    Danco likes this.

Gave it a go for a 22lr. 5 K baffles, and 2 threaded ends. Worked just fine, if not a bit on the heavy side.
    If I were to sell it just to cover minimum wage, it would be about $600. But there was an enormous enjoyment factor of making something that did not blow to pieces, and actually worked.
    Moa Hunter and Danco like this.

years back i made one for a marlin 45acp camp carbine. i used polymer baffles and bloody hell it was quiet !
    seemed to be going well after a 1000 rounds by the owner too. best thing was to clean it all you needed was dishwasher powder and hot water.
    Danco likes this.

DPT
    Yeah made one or two over the last few years. :-)
    Bill999, Husky1600, 6x47 and 9 others like this.

By the way the new gun laws proposals are going, diy anything to do with guns and gun parts will be a thing of the past.
    Danco likes this.

You could look to a fuel filter like this one....https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...304670d990208c

Hardly seems worth the effort at that price.....
    Sideshow and xtightg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    You could look to a fuel filter like this one....https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...304670d990208c

Hardly seems worth the effort at that price.....
    For clarification, I should point out that importing something like this in this manner is not advisable. It is clearly a part that under the new law requires a permit. If you get said permit and follow the law, it could possibly be imported as long as you are honest about what you are using it for.

point 1) you get what you pay for and I suspect the standards may not be up to local expertise....
    point 2) I do not think I would trust one on something I was going to use.
    point 3) Intentionally mislabelling something could easily be seen as an attempt at smuggling in the same way importing drugs labelled as beads is unacceptable...

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    By the way the new gun laws proposals are going, diy anything to do with guns and gun parts will be a thing of the past.
    @ Friwi I agree that this is very likely, but I suspect that you, like me think that this is unfair....

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    @ Friwi I agree that this is very likely, but I suspect that you, like me think that this is unfair....
    Yup x2 what he said. I don't have access to the machining gear lately but still muck around a little as I can on stuff. The last 3 silencers I made for me will likely be evil too if I did it again.