Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Dpt suppressor

Dpt suppressor

Hi Team so I got a 223 & 7.62x39 threaded I was hoping to get a 15x1 Thread on them as 2 other rifles have that thread so I figured the same A-tec suppressor could be used on all 4 rifles however the 2 barrels on these two where seemly a bit slim for the 15x1 so long story short I purchased a 30cal Dpt mk2 it has 5 baffles , went for a shoot up yesterday to sight the guns in & test the suppressor out , first shot with the 223 & I immediately regretted leaving the ear muffs behind , a quick swap to the 7.62 was no different , yes it was substantially better than no suppressor but still quite a crack .
    When I run the A-tec on a 308 & 22-250 it’s vastly quieter so it got me thinking...how many baffles are you guys / gals running on your Dpt ?

Chur .
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

5 works fine for me, with magnums I run an extra ss baffle ahead of the aluminium ones

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    5 works fine for me, with magnums I run an extra ss baffle ahead of the aluminium ones
    Where did you get the stainless baffle ? , I think I will get another one and put it on see if 6 tames that crack a bit more , I haven’t had a lot of experience with suppressors I kind of assumed they would be much of a muchness but perhaps not .
    mimms2 likes this.

dpt sell them online

Here we go , a lot of reading in there but looks like page 2 the first blue graph gives the decibel reduction, the A tec I have is a 119 hertz so not on there but still makes for an interesting read https://d347awuzx0kdse.cloudfront.ne...b01d144f6995df

Interesting, according to the graph 4 Dpt baffles is slightly quieter than 5 but 9 is the biggest reduction....& the mark 2 Dpt being recently developed is not on there either , bloody typical I find some good info but it doesn’t include either of my suppressors!!! .
    Last edited by Boaraxa; 28-06-2020 at 10:46 AM.
    Spoon and winaa like this.

It’s a trade off between size, weight and noise reduction, cos physics. Small and light = louder, big and heavy = quieter.

I think DPT has the balance about right, but still need ear defence on the range. I think that’s a good idea for any moderators to be fair.
    Pengy and Pommy like this.

That link is well worth a read ...another thing I noticed about the Dpt & the A-tec was the heat , the Dpt seemed a lot cooler even after 10 shots in Farley quick succession , I just weighed the 2 , A tec 349 grams
    Dpt 289 grams , be interesting to put the extra baffling on & weigh it , mate has a Dpt 30 cal but don’t think it’s a mark 2.
    Last edited by Boaraxa; 28-06-2020 at 11:01 AM.

I run 5 baffles in the DPT on my 14.5" .223 over the dog with no drama. Loaded pretty hot with H335 as well and plenty of blast on the first baffle but don't think it's noisy. Use it for pest control as well near houses and on farms and never had any complaints after slaughtering a few dozen rabbits in a row.

Run 4 baffles including one SS in the 16" 6.5 Creedmoor and again it's surprisingly quiet.

Out of interest @Boaraxa, were you shooting with any kind of surface adjacent to you, so that can reflect the sound back to you? I have found that shooting several different types of suppressor is unbearably loud when there is sound reflection involved. Really gets to me. Open country, no problem at all.

Was your A-Tec experiences in the same place / conditions as the DPT experience?
    Just...say...the...word

Mines at 374g on the 22-250, just added 2 extra baffles coupla weeks ago. I can shoot this with no ear protection easy, kids dont mind either.
    Name:  20200628_165923.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  3.18 MB
    Last edited by charliehorse; 28-06-2020 at 06:16 PM.
    Boaraxa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    Out of interest @Boaraxa, were you shooting with any kind of surface adjacent to you, so that can reflect the sound back to you? I have found that shooting several different types of suppressor is unbearably loud when there is sound reflection involved. Really gets to me. Open country, no problem at all.

Was your A-Tec experiences in the same place / conditions as the DPT experience?
    @Flyblown the first session was at the foot of a hill but I wasn’t overly happy with that location due to livestock so shifted to a large bank further down the paddock at both locations was the same sharp crack , iv shot the A-tec heaps in all manor of locations and never felt the need for hearing protection I think I’ll just get a couple of extra baffles and be done with it had I known there would be a difference I would have done a bit more research or got the gun smith to Wack an inch off the barrel,s to allow for the 15x1 thread .

DPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    That link is well worth a read ...another thing I noticed about the Dpt & the A-tec was the heat , the Dpt seemed a lot cooler even after 10 shots in Farley quick succession , I just weighed the 2 , A tec 349 grams
    Dpt 289 grams , be interesting to put the extra baffling on & weigh it , mate has a Dpt 30 cal but don’t think it’s a mark 2.
    The dpt over barrel with 4 baffles is 285 grams, you are probably counting the part that threads onto the barrel as a baffle, its not, the baffles have a caliber engraved on them. The baffles are 25 grams each, so an over barrel with 5 baffles should be around 310 grams.
    Our muzzle forward that comes standard with 5 baffles is about 200 grams and is slightly louder than the 4 baffle over barrel (as you have seen in the magazine)

The advantage with the over barrel is that it doesn’t make the rifle as long as a muzzle forward.

We feel we have come up with a good compromise between weight/length/forward length/and price. With the flexibility to add more baffles to suit your individual requirements.

Happy to answer any questions you have
    ANTSMAN, tetawa, Pengy and 8 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DPT View Post
    The dpt over barrel with 4 baffles is 285 grams, you are probably counting the part that threads onto the barrel as a baffle, its not, the baffles have a caliber engraved on them. The baffles are 25 grams each, so an over barrel with 5 baffles should be around 310 grams.
    Our muzzle forward that comes standard with 5 baffles is about 200 grams and is slightly louder than the 4 baffle over barrel (as you have seen in the magazine)

The advantage with the over barrel is that it doesn’t make the rifle as long as a muzzle forward.

We feel we have come up with a good compromise between weight/length/forward length/and price. With the flexibility to add more baffles to suit your individual requirements.

Happy to answer any questions you have
    Not knocking the product as mentioned I figured these things where all pretty similar, it’s got more features than the Atec , I like how it comes apart easy & more baffles can be used so that’s what I’ll do , will be interesting to see what it’s like with a couple more on there .
    @DPT To me it looks like 5 baffles ?
    Name:  8D915D85-B860-4F8F-8B0D-444C6A20D6B8.jpeg
Views: 626
Size:  2.23 MB
    Name:  07612C61-A71F-48C7-9712-50E5A93B7BCB.jpeg
Views: 665
Size:  2.31 MB

first one doesn't come off 4 baffle

DPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Not knocking the product as mentioned I figured these things where all pretty similar, it’s got more features than the Atec , I like how it comes apart easy & more baffles can be used so that’s what I’ll do , will be interesting to see what it’s like with a couple more on there .
    @DPT To me it looks like 5 baffles ?
    Attachment 143742
    Attachment 143743
    No worries
    Thats four baffles, the first one with the thread engraved on it is not a baffle.
    Boaraxa likes this.