Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree13Likes
  • 13 Post By DPT

Thread: DPT suppressor - standard vs magnum?

DPT suppressor - standard vs magnum?

I got a new 7mm DPT suppressor for Christmas! Woohoo. It's for a 7mm08 so I have the non-magnum version. But I've also got a 7mm mag rifle. It will need a magnum suppressor. I'm wondering what the difference is. I can't see anything on the DPT website that says.

The difference is the magnum has a larger rear chamber they are the same as in distance forward it's just the rear section.
    If they are the same barrel thread and you only want I get a magnum and use it on both.
    You can see the xtra chamber added into the magnum vs the standard.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

can you buy the extra section from dpt to turn it into a magnum?
    just a thought.
    hunty
    6.5x55AI

I wondered the same thing. But no, that section is sealed and doesn’t unscrew. The rest of the baffles do though. Thanks for your help guys.

DPT
    Quote Originally Posted by HUNTY View Post
    can you buy the extra section from dpt to turn it into a magnum?
    just a thought.
    You will have to buy the whole magnum rear chamber for $255, or if the one you have is brand new you can send the rear chamber back to us and we can swap it for the magnum one, you will have to pay the balance of $55 + freight.

Now that's a offer that you can't turn down. Thats out standing service @DPT

Yes, excellent offer DPT.

Can you use a standard suppressor on a magnum cartridge ? Will it just be less effective or will it blow up ? What would be the comparison between changing out to a longer rear piece vs buying extra baffles to go on the front ?

I'm thinking carrying a magnum length can on a 7mm 08 could be overkill specially if that's the main rifle it's used on.

DPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
    Yes, excellent offer DPT.

Can you use a standard suppressor on a magnum cartridge ? Will it just be less effective or will it blow up ? What would be the comparison between changing out to a longer rear piece vs buying extra baffles to go on the front ?

I'm thinking carrying a magnum length can on a 7mm 08 could be overkill specially if that's the main rifle it's used on.
    Hi,

No you cant use a non magnum on a magnum sorry. The magnum will be a little quieter than the non magnum, similar to adding an extra baffle to a non magnum.

Thanks

Thanks for the great offer Mr DPT. I went in to H&F and paid the extra for the magnum version. I'll hunt you up for the lathed bushings after the Xmas break. Love your gear.