Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fark me... Opticzone shipping fees

Now I've been a long term customer of Opticzone (and spent thousands $ over the last 7-8 years with them), but these fees are outrageous.
    There is certainly no call to ban the export of scopes and mounts as part of the 'Gun ban', so why the rip off prices? Price gouging by dealers 'because they can' at the mo in US of A?

All US $

Leupold Mark 2 IMS 1" Integral Mounting System, Matte $92.99
    Shipping $43.95
    International surcharge $2.74
    Total Price $139.68

Now I would expect to pay those shipping fees for a scope, due the fragile nature, volume and weight.
    But for a one piece scope mount?

FFS.

With the NZ $ being high, it still would work out at approx NZ $170.

Reloaders sell the same mount for $199. So I'll be spending my $ locally methinks!
    Welcome to Sako club.

Just saw a thing on fb about americans stocking up on everything. Hope everything here doesnt go up just cause of them

I would think there would b a min freight order. I have gotten a few bipods, rings and 2 scopes and only payed $60 shipping.

I got a Moa BT Turret from outdoors man for my z5 swarvo and there min shipping is 99usd.
    WHen it arrived it was in a huge ( 3foot by 2 foot ) pre payed bag and i couldnt find it at 1st and thought some1 had flogged it.

Ejected
    Yeah its just their base price. Add just a butler creak cap and checkout and its still the same. A lot of the sites a like that. Brought some snow boarding gear awhile back and had shipping fee of $50 odd bucks, added a beenie and it jumped to $110 .

Just ship it to a friend in the states and get them to forward to you if you can.

I've noticed Brownells shipping cost have gone up significantly. Might be USPS.

Same here.

I just ordered a rail from the US. Shipping was about the same in the mid $40 US. Unfortunantly the rail I was after is not avalible here or I would have kept my cash in NZ aswell. Seems a vcery high price for such small items. Mine was USPS so wonder if its linked to the postal service.

Cheers.
    Lead delivery technician, Bulk orders welcome!!

+1 I just checked my brownells order that shipped yesterday via USPS Priority post, a small box that would used to cost ~$25US is now $43US.

Just checked one of my old boxes and even though I selected priority post it says first class mail. Maybe ill use that next time and see if its cheaper.

Ejected
    The old man just got back from there a few days ago, the yanks have gone nuts. He struggled to even few a few 10/22 mags....

Brownells shipping has always been stupid

Applies Lead Liberally rogers.270's Avatar
    I'm still in the USA I travelled east to west and into Canada. Place is empty of good stuff. Wanted some sightron and vortex scopes all I could get was a vortex HS medium power pretty gutted. There are huge morning cues in the stores after the nights shipments of gear. Most good stuff gone daily by 10 am
    Addicted to gun powder

Best place to buy gear in the US is online anyway

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rogers.270 View Post
    I'm still in the USA I travelled east to west and into Canada. Place is empty of good stuff. Wanted some sightron and vortex scopes all I could get was a vortex HS medium power pretty gutted. There are huge morning cues in the stores after the nights shipments of gear. Most good stuff gone daily by 10 am
    How the world turns... that sounds like Moscow in the 80's, people queueing for bread and bog rolls, all gone by 10:00am...
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

I sent a 40kg box of stuff from Tga to ChCh the other day by road haulage fm it was $140 plus the government fee of 15 farking percent. Geez I need to buy a truck!

Might as well have bought an airline ticket for it!
    Welcome to Sako club.

And carried it on my knee!