Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By dannyb
  • 1 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 1 Post By quentin
  • 1 Post By Manchester
  • 1 Post By quentin
  • 1 Post By Ryan_Songhurst

Thread: faulty Leupold range finder

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    491

    faulty Leupold range finder

    Hey guys, I've got a Leupold RX-1000iTBR range finder that the edges of the display have started to fade out.

    I bought this second hand. Are these under lifetime warranty and do I have to have the original receipt?

    Who is the agent here?

    Cheers

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South
    Posts
    697
    Lifetime warranty regardless of second, third or forth user and no receipt required.

    Best to contact Leupold Service Centre directly in the states... look on their website and go from there.

    I had a faulty rangefinder from them a few years back where it wouldn't range to the specs as it should have so I contacted them, they replaced it free of charge where i eventually sold the replacement and bought a Leica and never looked back!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by Seventenths View Post
    Lifetime warranty regardless of second, third or forth user and no receipt required.

    Best to contact Leupold Service Centre directly in the states... look on their website and go from there.

    I had a faulty rangefinder from them a few years back where it wouldn't range to the specs as it should have so I contacted them, they replaced it free of charge where i eventually sold the replacement and bought a Leica and never looked back!
    Cheers just tried to contact them through the website but it seems to want a phone number, NZ one doesn't appear to work?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    491
    Is there an email address?

  5. #5
    Hunter gatherer dannyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Oxford, North Canterbury
    Posts
    2,648
    contact NZ Asia in Nelson 03-546 5418
    However I would not get your hopes up Leupold life time warranty does not cover electronics

    check this page for details
    https://www.leupold.com/leupold-dna/lifetime-guarantee

    that doesn't mean they won't help you it just means they don't have to.
    Pengy likes this.

  6. #6
    Member Ryan_Songhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Island
    Posts
    7,190
    yea pretty sure the gold ring warranty only covers electronics for something like 2 years from date of purchase. Everything else is covered though, run it over in ya truck then send it to them
    dannyb likes this.
    #30GANG....

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Kapiti Coast
    Posts
    647
    Been there done that. Leupold will not replace the rangefinder under warranty, but will give you a very generous discount on a new one. Leupold will send you the new one as a warranty replacement, but you need to show customs that the original got sent back, otherwise they will charge you so much duty, and GST, you might as well have just bought a new one in NZ.
    dannyb likes this.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    491
    From reading around on forums it seems they are pretty good if you can send it to them direct in the usa, but I can't seem to get past the phone number issue on the Leupold contact form.

    Anyone got an email address for Leupold USA?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Whangarei
    Posts
    547
    Electronics are 2yrs, leupold used to still cover there range finders, but now they offer a discount off a new model, speak to nz Asia, or get your local dealer to speak to them.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Whangarei
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    yea pretty sure the gold ring warranty only covers electronics for something like 2 years from date of purchase. Everything else is covered though, run it over in ya truck then send it to them
    Warranty does not cover being a idiot

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Inglewood
    Posts
    45
    I had a similar issue last year with a 5 year old range finder. Sent it to the nz rep in Nelson, along with a payment for around $350 and I had a new RX1000 model arrive 2 days later.

    It was out of warranty, so I suspect I was probably paying cost. Great service for a product out of warranty
    308mate likes this.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchester View Post
    I had a similar issue last year with a 5 year old range finder. Sent it to the nz rep in Nelson, along with a payment for around $350 and I had a new RX1000 model arrive 2 days later.

    It was out of warranty, so I suspect I was probably paying cost. Great service for a product out of warranty
    Sweet I think I've found their contact details, I will flick them an email. Thanks man.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Kapiti Coast
    Posts
    647
    Quote Originally Posted by 308mate View Post
    From reading around on forums it seems they are pretty good if you can send it to them direct in the usa, but I can't seem to get past the phone number issue on the Leupold contact form.

    Anyone got an email address for Leupold USA?
    productspecialist@leupold.com
    308mate likes this.

  14. #14
    Member Ryan_Songhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Island
    Posts
    7,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Warranty does not cover being a idiot
    Only an idiot would write on the warranty claim "the display was blurry so I ran it over in my truck"

    Accidents happen
    dannyb likes this.
    #30GANG....

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Leupold RX1200i tbr/w range finder
    By Kenebene1 in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-05-2018, 09:14 PM
  2. FS: Leupold RX-IV TBR Range Finder
    By josh86 in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-10-2016, 08:39 AM
  3. FS: Leupold Range Finder
    By Double Shot in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-08-2015, 03:19 PM
  4. Leupold RXIII TBR Range Finder
    By Rushy in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 31-05-2013, 12:11 AM
  5. Leupold RX3 Range finder F/S.
    By Malhunting in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 20-06-2012, 10:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!