Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Firearm projects for the coming year

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar

Firearm projects for the coming year

For me
    Since it looks like I'll be keeping it, I'll need a new scope for the 223, something reliably dialable to 500meters and back, not too heavy and with a Mil hash type reticle,not mildot, eg Mil-R or similar,and Milrad clicks possible second hand as I wish to keep price under 1k NZ, ha.

Next there will probably be a 6.5 06 going on , Remington action, The scope for that is sorted and in a box here, the only decision left is to AI it or not.

Lastly, I need to get my licence renewed, it's due early April and best be something done about it now

What do you folk have planned for 2017.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

res
    my 2017 toy $ will mostly be going on a new moterbike but my 338 lapua mag will soak up any $ that make it into guns. My colecting budget is separate and I hope to have bit in it due to impending sales of double ups etc-so it really depends on what comes up
    Using Tapatalk

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    So many things wanted, starting with a semi auto shotgun for 3 gun. So much financial control over expenditure exercised by the secretary of finance. Thinking of selling my grand kids into the slave trade. Ha ha ha ha
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

There's a "just for fun but it might be awesome" short barrelled 270 T3 on the horizon, plus a super light bushpig based on a model 7 using a wildcat composites stock to come also, got the stock just need the actual barrel and action to get the ball rolling!

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    There's a "just for fun but it might be awesome" short barrelled 270 T3 on the horizon, plus a super light bushpig based on a model 7 using a wildcat composites stock to come also, got the stock just need the actual barrel and action to get the ball rolling!
    So that gets you through to February Ryan. Then what? I am asking only because I need to live vicariously through others these days. Ha ha ha ha
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Hmmm, sell the .22 mag I have then look to get either an action or complete Ruger 10/22 WMR and build it to what I want, for that matter any advise on importing from the US would be good, think there may be a visit to Firearms Officer to discuss further...

My 1st pistol so I can shoot 3 gun ,more likely a cz or glock also another ar from digit at some stage ,

Hi Doubleshot mate your arms officer wouldn't have a clue about importing firearm related stuff. Its outside their job description its customs who control the boarder. And in most cases they don't care as long as they can charge. Gst and duty. The impediment to getting stuff from the USA is the State department. If you try and get stuff without an export permit you will loose it at the boarder. Firearms related stuff is controlled by a thing called ITAR. If its on the list its a no go. Even some scopes are controlled if they are deemed military or have the word tactical in their description. Sorry for the downer but its the world post 9/11 we live in
    Double Shot likes this.

I wanted to build a M40A5, but will no doubt will spend the year sourcing parts, found most, but need to work out action and barrel, and where to get the McMillan stock from...
    Name:  M40A5a.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  108.3 KB

So to keep it simple will start with a Mk11 copy using the NEA25 as a basis when they come in...
    At least with this one, I will start buying the bits from Monday...
    Name:  Mk11mod0.JPG
Views: 425
Size:  33.3 KB
    nzfubz likes this.

northdude
    going to try really hard not to buy any more guns for a while (unless i need one) and get a few of the ones i have tidyed up a bit hopefully getting a hendsholt for the ar if all goes to plan then get the 243 savage tidyed up needs a reblue or ceracote or something was going to get victor to do it but not sure now

Quote Originally Posted by Dermastor View Post
    Hi Doubleshot mate your arms officer wouldn't have a clue about importing firearm related stuff. Its outside their job description its customs who control the boarder. And in most cases they don't care as long as they can charge. Gst and duty. The impediment to getting stuff from the USA is the State department. If you try and get stuff without an export permit you will loose it at the boarder. Firearms related stuff is controlled by a thing called ITAR. If its on the list its a no go. Even some scopes are controlled if they are deemed military or have the word tactical in their description. Sorry for the downer but its the world post 9/11 we live in
    Cheers mate, didn't really think it'd be easy... will have to talk to some friendly folk I know or hope someone offers me one...lol

P38
    I'm just hoping that come the end of 2017 I would have saved enough $$$ to add this beauty to my collection.

Name:  image.png
Views: 382
Size:  41.5 KB

Have a good one and spend wisely

Cheers
    Pete
    Arguing with an Engineer is like Wrestling a Pig in Mud.

After awhile you realise the Pig loves it.

To try and get my 270 shooting where I point it again. It's days are numbered.New T3 on its way I think. Haven't got time to faff around trying and hoping........or the know how or patience
    Last edited by oraki; 31-12-2016 at 09:39 AM.

Think im going to pass on the gun spending in 2017 and get my toy back on the road, Next is probably a motorcycle.
    Pop Shot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbrady View Post
    My 1st pistol so I can shoot 3 gun ,more likely a cz or glock also another ar from digit at some stage ,
    Did you see the prices digit had on Facebook for Ar15? Nearly got me in trouble again
    grunzter likes this.