Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Firearms regs going under the radar

Firearms regs going under the radar

While Covids being highlighted through the media as a distraction, the Government's pushing through these legislations which will effect all f/a holders & dealers, which includes private sales....read on....it's important.

Arms Legislation Bill 177-2 (2019), Government Bill Contents – New Zealand Legislation

This is getting like Germany in the 30's where everything was done for the "safety" of the people............Tui add!!!!!

Some alarming stuff ie if cop finds you in possession of ANYTHING to do with a fire arm you have to give name etc to the cop... best I get rid of that empty 177 slug packet in my glovebox...

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnwolf View Post
    Some alarming stuff ie if cop finds you in possession of ANYTHING to do with a fire arm you have to give name etc to the cop... best I get rid of that empty 177 slug packet in my glovebox...
    I can see absolutely no reason not to give your name, address and date of birth to a member of the Police if and when asked. Whether you choose to engage in further conversation beyond that initial exchange for me would be largely dependent upon the circumstances.
    gadgetman, tetawa, Konev and 9 others like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I see they are trying to put pump action centre fires with detachable mags on the naughty list.
    Along with the "anything else we feel like" clause.

Name:  section 6A.JPG
Views: 633
Size:  113.4 KB
    Every machine is a smoke machine,
    If you use it wrong enough.

The Show Pony is on record as saying that all attention was being given to the Covid 19 crisis and has suspended parliament.

To quote David Seymour and ACT.

"..“If people can’t be heard when laws are made, public respect for the law is eroded. This is the worst imaginable time to shorten public consultation on law-making. It amounts to making laws with no public consultation at all.

“The Government can't have it both ways. It can't say ‘we're in a state of emergency, Parliament's shut, and we have extraordinary new powers, but we're still going to push through our political agenda’. Either we're in a state of emergency where we suspend normal politics, or we're not........."

I'm off to fetch my broom to sweep up some more of the shit accumulating at the cross roads......................

Name:  show pony.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  23.9 KB

Gone but not forgotten
    Pretty sure I heard/read that parliament is no longer suspended as of Tuesday this week.

David Seymour: You're right to be vigilant but we won't be debating normal bills. They publish the Order paper because they have for hundreds of years and they have to, but parliament won't be making progress on it this month. Parliament will be dealing only with COVID-19 related stuff and the budget this coming month. Breathe easy, we've got enough other problems but Lab/Gre/NZF sneakily advancing the Arms Legislation this month is not one of them.
    The Arms Legislation has already passed the Select Committee stage so it can't progress until the House progresses normal bills. Watch out in June, after the budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post
    I see they are trying to put pump action centre fires with detachable mags on the naughty list.

Attachment 138140
    @Joe_90 Hardly surprising. They will also have been told that there are bugger all of these around so it wont hurt to ban them.
    what about the next line down pump action rifles with one or more non detachable magazines. if they are non detachable how do you have 2?
    Lever actions will be next if that goes through.

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    @Joe_90 Hardly surprising. They will also have been told that there are bugger all of these around so it wont hurt to ban them.
    what about the next line down pump action rifles with one or more non detachable magazines. if they are non detachable how do you have 2?
    Don’t worry...they want them all..eventually..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    Pretty sure I heard/read that parliament is no longer suspended as of Tuesday this week.
    You are correct albeit that the numbers in the chamber are down as they must keep 2 metres away from each other........... 2 Kms would be ideal from my perspective,:>)

However, they have been processing their little agendas such as votes for prisoners, vaping and urban development legislation through Parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by Tararua Phil View Post
    While Covids being highlighted through the media as a distraction, the Government's pushing through these legislations which will effect all f/a holders & dealers, which includes private sales....read on....it's important.

Arms Legislation Bill 177-2 (2019), Government Bill Contents – New Zealand Legislation

This is getting like Germany in the 30's where everything was done for the "safety" of the people............Tui add!!!!!
    This has been in the system for some months now,got it somewhere on the computer. We've had our oppurtunity to make submissions some time ago.The only influence we can have now is by writing to local MPs and NZ First MPs (much as I distrust them) and making your feelings known. Unfortunately be prepared to receive newsletters etc from them as I have found out.
    There's some unpleasant reading in the proposed legislation, one of the reasons I didn't go out and buy a Troy PAR or Remington to replace my AR for goat work.Just my 2c.
    Cordite likes this.

Fuck when you read the bill it reads very clearly as 'restrictions' 'offences' and 'obstructions' aimed at only the law-abiding. I don't know how anyone could read it and not see what an attack it is to our firearm rights.

Having been reminded of just how bad it is, this would be incredibly detrimental to our sport if it came to pass. We must prevail.
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post

Attachment 138140
    So another buy back is on the books again then for centrefire pumps, or are they just going to say fuck you, hand them over.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    Pretty sure there are shit loads of them out there, GS has been selling a pretty large selection of them.

https://www.guncity.com/firearms?fac...ion%7CFirearms
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    I don't know if it's in the budget... Who's paying for all this?
    Same people that are paying the billions in handouts at the moment, our kids and grandkids and their kids and grandkids.
    woods223 and mimms2 like this.