Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By Gibo

Thread: First suppressor help

First suppressor help

Hi all i not long purchased a sabtti tracker which is quite a short rifle already and am wanting to suppress it just after some advise on what would be my best bet for value for money it has open sights and would love to have the front sight moved and mounted behind the suppressor if that would work? Just after advice I won't we cutting down then barrel anyName:  IMG_1629.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  98.8 KB

What caliber is it what length do you want it what is your budget what will you be using it for
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

talk to the guys (and gorgeous girls) at gunworks....a simple spartan would work ok and may be slim enough to help out with open sight issue...Im thinking looking at photo they MIGHT be able to fit a ghost ring aperture to rear of action and fit front sight where the rear is now or maybe even move that forward some more. whats the bit sticking down below front sight???looked like sling swivel but then spotted one in stock...appears to be barrel band....that will get in way of thread etc...the front sight looks to be to far forward to go with a muzzle forward jobbie too so may aswell go over barrel.......
    timattalon likes this.

That's actually another sling stud at end of barrel so can mount two different ways mate

I would talk to a few. I use Gunworks myself and I have seen a sling fitting attached to a suppressor but I would never do it myself.

Once suppressed usually the foresight comes off. Most use a red dot or similar if they want to avoid scopes for some reason. (bail guns or bush guns etc....)
    An end can would still need the front sight to be moved back in order to leave length for the thread, but most would simply remove and go over barrel suppressor. It would seem pointless to buy a short rifle then go and make it longer than a normal one....

I have also seen a clip on sling attachment that "grabs" around the barrel much like a pipe clamp that worked rather well.

@Cody.a you need to charge your phone
    timattalon likes this.