Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree13Likes
  • 9 Post By Konev
  • 2 Post By veitnamcam
  • 1 Post By canross
  • 1 Post By xring

Thread: Freeing parts from NZ Post: A guide

Freeing parts from NZ Post: A guide

If NZ Post is refusing to send a part and are not comminicating this to you. Folloow the instructions below, make sure you pass on your chosen courier (i used Pack and Send) a copy same email you send to the listed email so they can rpesent it to the staff at the international mail center, this should help smooth out the process.

I used everything possible to provide proof that i was the intended receiver of the package (postal address, tracking numbers and what it was)

Thank you for your patience while our international mail centre looked into your query on your parcel.

They have responded by advising because this item is a firearm/part it is being held at our international mail centre and is ready to be uplifted.

Parcels containing firearm/parts cannot be released into the delivery network however you are welcome to collect the item from the international mail centre at 9 Laurence Stevens drive, Auckland Airport. Another option is to arrange a representative or a courier to collect the item.

You will need to send an authorization email to imc.clearance@nzpost.co.nz stating the representatives details, your details and the item information if this is being arranged.

Upon collection of the item, a valid photo ID is required to be presented.

For more information please email international mail centre on the email address above.
    It took 6 or 7 different operators in the NZ Post call center to get this information, if you try deal with them you will be given the run around.
    dogmatix, 308, NZ_noddy and 6 others like this.

As they have been contracted to deliver said parts and no doubt accepted payment is that not fraud?
    timattalon and xtightg like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Mentioned that to about the 3rd call center operator reply was...

"Canada Post should have read our terms and conditions"

Reading off a script but yes. Now that i have the parcel, complaint is being fired off.

I take it that NZ post are expecting the receiver to pay for a courier? Seems this is an issue between themselves and the origin company since the item was received A) with contents clearly stated and B) legally shipped and allowed by NZ post at the time of accepting the consignment.

Basically this looks fairly clear cut for a legal challenge... I have no idea whether the Commerce Commission is at all unbiased, but seems like the right group to start with. https://comcom.govt.nz/make-a-complaint

Also Canada Post has internal policies around delivery times, contracts etc. They require that senders lay complaints, but they will likely go after NZ post as well, since Canada Post has been slapped by Canada's Better Business Bureau for violating its own contractual obligations several times.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

great konev! adding to your info, there's no P notice number for firearm parts. they generate another number there.
    interesting that we pay freight for going out of the country and delivering it within NZ, but, indeed, we don't get it delivered
    and they don't refund the "second leg".
    xtightg likes this.

I had completely given up on getting my small package from nz post after 4 months still nothing.
    Then out of the blue it simply arrived. I wonder if after long while they are simply releasing them ???